Old Drag pictures

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
NICE!

I grew up with a dad obsessed with drag racing. I worked on several during the 10 years I worked at my fathers Race/Restoration Shop.

Fastest Car I've been in was my Dads '69 Z28 equiped with a Big Block and Nitrious.
Ran high 8's low 9's in the quarter mile...

Good Times..

While living at my previous house, my neighbor was one of the pioneers of drag racing and hot rodding. He discovered MANY ideas on how to improve the technology at that time and broke records around the world...some still standing today! He owns several old original drag cars (Like the ones in the photos)from MAJOR old school drag racers and even built his own Indy Car and raced in Indy!!

Thanks for posting the photos, It's amazing where the Automibile and pushing the envelope with them has gone in such a relatively short time.

YAK-28

Enlightened
great pics, i really enjoyed them. i sent a link to a few friends that are into racing, maybe they'll even notice some flashlights.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Beeee - Leeee - Vittttt ! ! !

Color-Me-Gone ! :cool:

Thanks for the trip down Memory Lane !

:thumbsup:

_

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
Jim Harvey (HRE.com) used to have a lot of old time drag photos - but can't find them now - they used to run an antique front engine rail