Most concealable holster for EDC

sfca

Enlightened
I am considering a custom holster for an E2DL. Thor's custom leather looks really good, but a bit big. Would go well with a hoodie this winter.

What about the concealco holsters? For those with experience, how good are those with clothes you'd wear in Spring or Summer?

Does the forward rake of the holster mess with concealability?
I'm 5'8", lean so I gotta take my build into account.

Thanks!

(Pictures are great!)

P.S. Have surefire V91 holster

Last edited:

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eeeeer , I found the pocket knife belt pouches to be :twothumbs .
Depending on the size of the flashlight , you can pick up a folding knife belt pouch to fit ...

curlyfry562

Enlightened
You should check out LCG Gear. I can vouch for their holsters they are very well made. As for size they are not particularly large, and the cool part is that with the small tek-Lok you can mount it horizontal on your belt.

They are located in Korea so ordering is a little different but not hard.

By the way their website is huge, so to browse through the flashlight holsters go through the numbers on the bottom of the page.

Last edited:

bestcounsel

Enlightened
You know....i use a comptac for a 6p and love it....it does print but not too bad...

Believe it or not, the ripoffs brand conceals very well since it is not too thick and they use a small strip of velcro...i have used one for a e2dl and it was great....in fact i have a ripoffs coming in for my 9z....

i use the closed cell foam type...its not as durable as cordura or duty holders but it conceals better..

LVE2RIDE

Newly Enlightened
Flashlight concealment ...hmmm. I quess I am kinda of the opinion that people dont really pay attention to what people carry on their belts. I usually carry a S&W snubby and 2 speedloaders and cover it with a loose shirt. Even when I was a Bail enforcement agent and open carried in plainclothes nobody really paid much attention...reckon it was the badge LOL. Really though I think most of the time people worry way to much concealing things. Most of the sheeple wouldnt notice if you had a A-Bomb under your shirt.All the above is totally out the window if your female..us guys notice everything.:naughty:

ps: if ya just gotta be sure put it inside the waistband instead of outside..look for inside waistband pepper spray holders if such a thing exists should hold a small flashlight. Should be able to find something at a police store if its available.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Used to carry a Concealco with an Aviator.

Now I carry a Ripoffs with a Twisty.

Still go back to the Concealco when I want something that deploys quickly, and is ready for full-power with one hand.

If this EDC is complementing a CCW permit, the Concealco is hard to beat, and conceals reasonably well.

Also: my A2 hoster can conceal a Surefire 8x, bezel-up... if I'm very careful. :D

sfca

Enlightened
Thanks for the replies! I should mention I got a Surefire V91 holster but it's waaaay too bulky.
I've tried contacting LCG Gear twice, no response. It's [FONT=돋움]lcg66 at lycos (dot) co (dot) kr[/FONT] [FONT=돋움], correct?

[/FONT]
Chrontius, why the ripoffs holster now vs the concealco. Does the forward rake make it less concealable vs straight up-and-down?

I use it for work, starts in my front pocket, then gets moved to the back (loose!) then I try to clip it on my belt (hard to do quickly after I use it every time) so goes back in the front (and the cycle begins again).
A concealable holster would save me this, and allow me to walk to and from work with my light in my holster and in the future with CCW I don't have to get extra holsters.

I also contacted ******* about a custom holster for an E2DL bezel down, and they might have a sample that would be perfect so I won't have to go the custom route, nor will I have to get one they already have.

This one doesn't have a full flap, and has "a strap across the holster 3/4s of the way up to secure the flashlight and the top of the flashlight sits out above the pocket."

If I have this correct the adjustable tensioning would be at the top vs the bottom for the concealco. But then again, I don't know much lol.

Last edited:

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
the Concealco was slow to produce and expensive. It was also made bespoke to match my belt, after I demonstrated a willingness to dye it black if it didn't match (tan is inconsistent). It also didn't fit the Twisty, which doesn't benefit much from a fast draw, either.

The Ripoffs was clearanced for $2 at Sports Authority, designed for small multi-pliers, intended for ammunition magazines, and fits the Twisty like it was designed for it. It also has better retention than the Concealco, (at the cost of draw speed) and works with the 1" Surefire diffuser the Twisty wears, again, like it was designed for it.

For CCW, I'd go with the Concealco again -- but I'd not go with the Twisty for CCW.

Edit: I may go with an AZ2 in a Concealco when I start CCWing again on a regular basis.

Last edited:

sfca

Enlightened
What can I say, thanks for all the replies!
I think I'm just going to go with Thor's and concealco and LCG Gear. I think the only adjustment will be reholstering quickly - cause I'm just so used to dropping it in the closest pocket.

When I have them all I'll give them (and my Surefire V91) a review. I'm still contemplating the new ********(company) holster but that's way too many holsters for 1 person... Maybe I'll sell 3/5 holsters and keep 2, who knows?

Cheers

hatman

Enlightened
Re: Holster with a clip?

Can anyone recommend a holster for EDCing with a clip -- for use with running shorts?

sfca

Enlightened
Hatman,

I think a clip-on ripoffs would be good.
http://www.ripoffs.com/flashpage/flashpage.html

If you want one that's similar but without a flap that covers the light and instead a strap across the holster about 3/4 up that secures the light, with the top of the flashlight sitting out above the pocket (bezel up or down) then holler.
I was shown a sample holster but have to ask first if I can forward you to them/them to you.

Thor's Hammer makes really nice ones - with a spring steel pocket clip if you want.
Gallery

Cheers

Last edited:

hatman

Enlightened
Re: Most concealable holster for EDC with clip

Thanks -- looks like lots to choose from!

sfca

Enlightened
I have Judy from Ripoffs permission to post these. They look concealable to me, think they'd work quite well.
Sigh...so many choices! If I had the dollars I'd buy them all just to find the right one.
ripoffs1.jpg
ripoffs2.jpg
ripoffs3.jpg
ripoffs4.jpg

Cheers!

Edit: I just read the banner at the top of the page. In that case I'm taking off the contact email that I posted in case it seems like advertising. It's easy enough to get in touch with them anyhow.

Last edited:

sfca

Enlightened
I think you mean the ripoffs one. You could go to the Ripoffs page and get the email there.
It was just described to me like I said - "doesn't have a full flap but a strap across the holster 3/4s of the way up to secure the flashlight, and the top of the flashlight sits out above the pocket." It even might be up on the site now!

I think this one works too - ripoffs (at) dejazzd (dot) com.