Focusing lens for a Surefire 6P head?

IPSC_GUY

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone make a lens that will fit into or onto (or into) a 6P head that will focus the beam down to make it a thrower?

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire P60 lamps are preset for a usable balance between throw & flood, what you're asking for would have to be a custom creation the only one I know of is Fivemega's D26 Strion adapter module as seen HERE :thumbsup:

EDIT: Oh I'd quite forgotten about those aspherical lenses :ohgeez:

Last edited:

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could use an aspheric lens to really tighten the beam up. It would probably require some custom work to make though.

Hmmm... there's an idea: Aspheric D26 dropin :devil:

IPSC_GUY

Newly Enlightened
You could use an aspheric lens to really tighten the beam up. It would probably require some custom work to make though.

See that is what I was thinking. Any lens grinders on the board that would like a challenge? Maybe an optician?

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Give me a couple weeks to finish current projects, and I may have one in the works. I drew up a plan over lunch, and it looks like a neat challenge.

I just finished an aspheric D20, so keep an eye out for a thread on that :thumbsup:

Inliner

Newly Enlightened
My G2Z with DX aspherical lens and R2 dropin. It took some grinding (Dremel tool) to fit in. I also had to use the upper ~3mm portion of a P60 dropin to get the spacing just right. I just cut the upper lip of the LA off and dropped in in the bezel behind the lens.

The beamshot is from about 15 feet in my well lit bathroom at 3pm. Combined with the Surefire difuser, it's a very versitle light.

IMG_3606-1.jpg

IMG_3607.jpg

IMG_3609.jpg

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry to be the last one to catch on... but KD already sells 28mm aspherical lenses HERE is that the kind of thing you had in mind? :thinking:

I guess you'd also need a crenelated bezel to provide some level of protection to the lens too? :thinking:

IPSC_GUY

Newly Enlightened
My G2Z with DX aspherical lens and R2 dropin. It took some grinding (Dremel tool) to fit in. I also had to use the upper ~3mm portion of a P60 dropin to get the spacing just right. I just cut the upper lip of the LA off and dropped in in the bezel behind the lens.

The beamshot is from about 15 feet in my well lit bathroom at 3pm. Combined with the Surefire difuser, it's a very versitle light.

IMG_3606-1.jpg

IMG_3607.jpg

IMG_3609.jpg

Ok so it will cause a square output beam pattern BUT it does seem to tighten up the beam a great deal.

How well does the diffuser work?

Sorry to be the last one to catch on... but KD already sells 28mm aspherical lenses HERE is that the kind of thing you had in mind? :thinking:

I guess you'd also need a crenelated bezel to provide some level of protection to the lens too? :thinking:

Interesting, I might give it a try.

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

Last edited:

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
i bet one of these in front of my SST-90 would be pretty AWESOME...then i would need another floodlight though....i need another 6P head to "play" with