1 aa battery minimag conversion

drillbritz2ov

Newly Enlightened
hello not posted for a while but does anyone know of a minimag 2aa conversion to a 1 aa battery conversion using a 3v lithium aa battery,i think its classed as a 10440 . I have a large quantity of 2 cell minimags which i can machine down to fit a single cell but need to know the measurements to which to machine the battery tube i have searched the the site for relevant threads but to no avail .any info gratefully received .thanks cliff

drillbritz2ov

Newly Enlightened
hello thanks for the info just what i needed regarding battery tube length and for correction on battery size my plan is to shorten said minimag to 1 aa cell length and use a niteize led and iq switch to create a more useable torch and run it on 3v lithium ion batteries . Should be good fun let you know the results. Thanks cliff

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
hello thanks for the info just what i needed regarding battery tube length and for correction on battery size my plan is to shorten said minimag to 1 aa cell length and use a niteize led and iq switch to create a more useable torch and run it on 3v lithium ion batteries . Should be good fun let you know the results. Thanks cliff

Where do you find 3v 14500 lithium-ion cells? All I ever see are 3.7v (4.2) cells. 3v lithium primaries do exist but are very hard to find.

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
hello not posted for a while but does anyone know of a minimag 2aa conversion to a 1 aa battery conversion using a 3v lithium aa battery,i think its classed as a 10440 . I have a large quantity of 2 cell minimags which i can machine down to fit a single cell but need to know the measurements to which to machine the battery tube i have searched the the site for relevant threads but to no avail .any info gratefully received .thanks cliff

How's the little mag going?

I really like the minimini mags, please post some pics when you finish the project?

There use to be a good chap on here that made the cut down minimags for sale some time ago, 1AA, 10440, CR2 all sorts.

The Dane

Enlightened
Hacked one with a Cree and a 14500:

DSCN2514.jpg

DSCN2515.jpg