The PINNACLE of the Surefire G2?

cyberspyder

Enlightened
I don't think anymore can be done to it (I have a stainless bezel ring and a clicky tailcap on the way)...

dsc073765666751.jpg

Contents:

-Surefire G2 (Black)
-Surefire G2Z Pyrex Hex-antiroll bezel (Black)
-Novatac flat clip with O-ring spacer (Black)
-Netkidz forward clicky switch
-mikevelarde SS bezel retaining ring
-nailbender 800 (bulb) lumen Seoul P7 LED dropin (460 out the front lumens)
-Surefire P61
-DX R2 dropin
-Surefire CR123A primaries

I don't think you can do anymore to the G2 honestly...it is contained by its size and also the P60 form factor. The P60 reflectors are just too shallow and small to produce a far-throwing LED/Incan beam.

I'm pretty satisfied with it, as it DOES produce a blinding 460 lumen wall of light...not too shabby :grin2:

Moar pics!

dsc073805679330.jpg

dsc073825689418.jpg

dsc073835698255.jpg

dsc073845710389.jpg

dsc073875719362.jpg

dsc073895734790.jpg

:nana: Brendan

lightinsky

Enlightened
How long do you run your G2? Many have said the G2 is a inductor and traps heat. 460 lumens out the front seems awesome but high risk for that form factor. I have a G2 with alum head with a Solarforce Q5 in it and it get pretty warm after a few minutes at only 150 lumens give or take. A 6P all metal may have been a better bet for that many lumens imo.

cyberspyder

Enlightened
How long do you run your G2? Many have said the G2 is a inductor and traps heat. 460 lumens out the front seems awesome but high risk for that form factor. I have a G2 with alum head with a Solarforce Q5 in it and it get pretty warm after a few minutes at only 150 lumens give or take. A 6P all metal may have been a better bet for that many lumens imo.

10 seconds max....more commonly along the lines of 5 seconds, just use it when I need instant illumination in the woods etc...

lightinsky

Enlightened
If you get a 6P you could probably run it quite a bit longer. I have a 6P with an DX 11836 R2 (Brighter older version one) that puts out around 170-190 lumens give or take and it doesn't get to hot in the 6P. A 6P incan you can pick up for cheap money online.

icaruz

Newly Enlightened
Interesting setup. Might as well start to take out the old G2 of mine. Currently waiting for XPG-R4 drop in to be introduce to replace the solarforce R2 drop in. Heat is an issue for this nitrolon but i only use it for 3-5 mins on high. Otherwise its only for backup. BTW how is the NETKidz clicky..thinking of getting that too..:)

cyberspyder

Enlightened
Just wished SF made other Nitrolon lights...don't want a 6P because it show damage easily due to the Type II anodizing. Also, I use the G2 outside alot...so plastic is ideal because it doesn't get too hot or hold.

The clicky is still being shipped to me right now icrauz, no impressions yet.

icaruz

Newly Enlightened
Yup..have to agree on the plastic body. it really feels nice to hold too..hopefully the new Icon Modus will be as good but the output will still be quite low compare to the drop in for P60..

lightinsky

Enlightened
Yea I do like the look and feel of my G2 too. I prefer that all nitrolin look but put the G2L aluminum head on mine to conduct heat better.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
I don't think anymore can be done to it
How about double-O-rings for the rear? Especially beneficial for the stock twistie (better feel and less slop / off-axis movement of the twistie tailswitch), but would at least somewhat improve the waterproofness for any tailswitch configuration.

cyberspyder

Enlightened
How about double-O-rings for the rear? Especially beneficial for the stock twistie (better feel and less slop / off-axis movement of the twistie tailswitch), but would at least somewhat improve the waterproofness for any tailswitch configuration.

It does have double o-rings already...forgot to mention that :oops:

lightinsky

Enlightened
By the way were can that led module be purchased and for how much?
I wouldn't mind getting one for my 6P.

crazeeman13

Newly Enlightened
I would also like to know where to get a P7 drop-in that fits my Surefire g2 & 6p also.