SureFire V2 Vampire

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish you could just buy the head.

It's up on SF's website now!
http://www.surefire.com/V2Vampire-V2-BK

I'm kinda surprised it's available before the LX1 though.

Looks pretty cool with its A2/L1/LX2 UI with the addition of a selector ring for choosing white LED or IR.

-Robert

I would say it is more like the K2 Kroma. body and tailcap UI is the same. even the selector ring concept.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you consider it an update to the Kroma Mil-Spec, they've dropped a few features (colors) and dropped the price a bit.

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
V2 Vampire is as unique as their T1A as of now, IMO. its good news they brought this light into sales before the likes of other companies come up with one that has a similiar concept with a much lower pricetag.

just look at what happened to the UB1 & UB2 when their release dates gets pushed with no end in sight... :ironic:

people who really need the UI of V2 will be happy to note they do not have to wait much longer to own it & use it. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

iapyx

Enlightened
V2 Vampire is as unique as their T1A as of now, IMO. its good news they brought this light into sales before the likes of other companies come up with one that has a similiar concept with a much lower pricetag.

just look at what happened to the UB1 & UB2 when their release dates gets pushed with no end in sight... :ironic:

people who really need the UI of V2 will be happy to note they do not have to wait much longer to own it & use it. :thumbsup:

UB1?

Schuey2002

Enlightened
Yeah, it is a cool looking light. And I would love to own one.

But, $295 USD for a light that only puts out only 70 lumens max, (well, that is probably SF understating output again.) And while IR is cool, when am I going to need IR in everyday use? :poke:

I want one of those Vampy bodies for Lego'n... :mecry:

Last edited:

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just curious, why is total luminous output the sole reason to buy or not buy a light?

This light serves a specific purpose, and I think the people buying it aren't going to care about the total OTF output as much as the people who complain about its output.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, it is a cool looking light. And I would love to own one.

But, $295 USD for a light that only puts out only 70 lumens max, (well, that is probably SF understating output again.) And while IR is cool, when am I going to need IR in everyday use? :poke:

So SF should redesign it because you don't need IR? :laughing:

It's obviously designed for a specific purpose. I have no such purpose for a light like that so I won't buy it. However there must be people out there, military, etc, that need a light like this and they will probably be very happy with it's design.

Also what's wrong with it only putting out 70 lumens, even if it isn't understated? There's most likely a reason for that.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I imagine Surefire intends for the V2 to replace the M1, while addressing a few of its limitations. The V2 gives the user the same 10mW IR output as the M1, plus a higher output IR mode. It's considerably more expensive than the M1, but it might eliminate the need for a second light for normal (white light) usage. I'd much rather carry a V2 than an M1 + an L1.

It's not for everyone, but I can see it being quite appealing to anyone that would otherwise carry an M1.

Last edited:

Monkiee

Newly Enlightened
For about $300 The IR better not be a 5mm led or I will be dissappointed.