want a cree xpg r4 flashlight

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
i want a light with the new led from cree. is the quark 2aa tactical (or is it 2 stage that i want) the only one to offer it?

Saint_Dogbert

Enlightened
Not exactly...4sevens is producing a line of Titanium quarks, which come in all the different form factors and interfaces, and use a Cree XP-G R4 LED. They are a limited run and could be sold out now for all I know. I think these are the only, or one of the only, XP-G lights currently in production, because this particular LED is being produced only in limited quantities at present. I'm really hoping that changes sometime soon. Just to clarify, the regular (anodized aluminum) quarks do not come with the XP-G.

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I think the Limited Edition Ti Quarks are sold out now. If you can wait, one or two'll probably pop up on the marketplace in a few months. If you can wait, a little longer, you'll probably see lots of new lights with the XP-G.

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
4Sevens will have a few parts available for lego lovers (availability date unkown at this time). You can order enough parts to put a Quark Ti XP-G R4 together although it will cost more than the pre-order price. Last resort option. :poof:

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
just to clarify, is this similiar to the sst50 in terms of maximum output and size. just the led i mean.

Saint_Dogbert

Enlightened
No, the Cree XP-G R4 has a die that is 2mm^2, whereas the SST50 has a 5mm^2 die, and consequently the latter has more output but less throw. The Cree is a smaller form factor - the same as the XP-E, just with a slightly larger die.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
XP-G lights will hit the market in a month or two. 4sevens is just a shrewd business man and has grabbed up some of the first production XP-G's out there. And so he's been the first to hype his product.
Rest assured we will see XP-G lights from several of the prominent made in asia brands in the next month or two. Likewise we'll see an XP-G light from an American manufacturer in a year or two. :tinfoil: