Sometimes ya just keep stepping in it

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
It has been a spell since I've had one of those times where no matter what occurs, it is negative. Take my last eBay transaction:

Most sellers list their location at the top portion of their listing. This one says USA so I wasn't careful in completely reading his entire listing which is a long boiler plate. I do a BIN and on payment, I notice the sales tax. Ugh...there went the slim savings. I look at the listing and placed in the center is his location indicating CA sales tax. Dooh!

Item arrives, and it doesn't work. I mail back and he says ship it back for an exchange. Done. Well, I usually always send it sig confirmation so I know it was received...guess what, I neglected to do that. Been a week and that suspicion that it isn't going to be replaced sets in. His word against mine...a wash. :(

I could go on with the violin sob story as this was one example this week. Ugh... Talk about brain void...:(

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
It has been a spell since I've had one of those times where no matter what occurs, it is negative. Take my last eBay transaction:

Most sellers list their location at the top portion of their listing. This one says USA so I wasn't careful in completely reading his entire listing which is a long boiler plate. I do a BIN and on payment, I notice the sales tax. Ugh...there went the slim savings. I look at the listing and placed in the center is his location indicating CA sales tax. Dooh!

Item arrives, and it doesn't work. I mail back and he says ship it back for an exchange. Done. Well, I usually always send it sig confirmation so I know it was received...guess what, I neglected to do that. Been a week and that suspicion that it isn't going to be replaced sets in. His word against mine...a wash. :(

I could go on with the violin sob story as this was one example this week. Ugh... Talk about brain void...:(

That sucks. I hope you didn't lose too much.

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a popcorn popper delivered and it was broken.
Email and phone calls were not returned.
I turned it over to PayPal and had all the money including postage back in my account in fewer days than PayPal said it would take.

I now have popcorn popper for sale...
$20.00 cash with money back guarantee.
$250 "shipping and handling"
Cash or money order only.
No refund on shipping and handling.

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
What kind of proof does PP want in situations like this?

Teaches me that I have to presume I'm going to get screwed and to take precautions. Which I'm normally careful to some level but obviously, this was a poor time to be casual. They see an opportunity, they took it.

Edit: Even thought it's not a lot of $$, these type of life lessons are swallowed hard. Main part is the thought about honor and a code of doing it right..at least that is how I operate my business. I'll live...just hate the thought about viewing people as if they have other motives. :( Life will go on.

Last edited:

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
What kind of proof does PP want in situations like this?

In my case I suspect they could not make contact with the seller.

I outlined the attempts I made to contact the person (eBay, UPS, and PayPal) and the fact that the packaging would probably not meet what UPS wants.

It may be a two step process and they say that additional information might be required at the second step.*

I had photos and always keep every email until an item is in my hot little hands.

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a talk with my C-card company dispute section about the transaction. The gal told me proof of delivery was key word. Since I neglected to use that service I was out of luck. She said PP might have other procedures and to try them. Looking at the PP boiler plate, it near equals the C-card company.

The gal in the dispute section told me they hear lots of these. Sometimes it is easy to handle, other times the buyer or seller is burned. She commented she herself had an eBay transaction go bad much the same way.

This will serve as a reminder to document the transactions fully.

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wish I had money to buy stuff on ebay ;-)

Right now I'm saving up for a solarforce. SAVING UP!! for a Solarforce!!

Anyways, we all step in poop, it's up to us to help each-other out. We don't all step in the stuff at the same time (well, right now I kind of wonder...) so we ought to help each other out if we got the means. luckily, it's only money. At least it's not trusting one of your long time friends who just got clean, then finding that your friend just stole some of your poop, spent your money on crack, and then blowing some cops so that they'll come after your *** for bullshit that you didn't even do.. but I digress.

Oh, and whatever "it" is, it will always happen when you need it the least, good or bad. be proactive! think outside the box! [generic morale boosting comment]! shoot for the stars! chin up!

Or if it makes you feel better, there's always someone else worse off than you!

feels good to rant though, doesn't it?