Newby can't fight it any longer.

Myster.E

Newly Enlightened
I confess!!!
...I'm inexplicably fascinated with LED flashlights. This honestly came out of nowhere. I own just one LED light. A Fenix L1D. Bought it a couple years ago...used it a few times, No big deal. Put it in a drawer, forgot completely about it, recently re-discovered it in a black-out, and then like Snap!!! What just happened in my head? I can't stop thinking about flashlights now:naughty:

I need another one right NOW. I've been losing sleep lately as I have been lurking around in this forum every night for a week... up way past my bed time. Suddenly most of my bookmarks are linked to flashlight vendors/manufacturers/forum threads.
I admittedly don't yet know diddly about the technical aspects of this interest, but I felt compelled to make my first post here regardless. I need help.

I know what I want, but I need help selecting and finding it. Here are the criteria:

*Very small form-factor single cell...I like em' little
*A very low, low mode...for run times up to several days.
*100 lumens minimum on highest setting
*High quality build/materials/finish...nothing flimsy

Two lights I really think I would like are the Bitz Pocket (non Ti), and theMuyshondt Nautilus (non Ti). Problem is I cant seem to locate a vendor that has these available anymore. Any leads on these?

Also, I would soooo welcome any suggestions on other lights similar to the two I mentioned above. Please help. I need sleep badly.

Thanks to all!!!
...and its nice to finally be apart of this community.

main_image.JPG

2889720721_de1085d20f.jpg

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
i did the same when i wanted a single cell EDC light, i came to the decision of quark123 non-tactical with a clip, I love it and would recommend it every time they can be purchsed here I'm not telling you to buy that one, but after a week of "way past my bedtime" on CPF thats the conclusion I came to...

batmanacw

Enlightened
I feel your pain brother! ;)

Don't go to 4sevens.com and don't look at the nitecore EX10 R2 or D10 R2. Just don't do it. I bought the D10 on Saturday and just ordered the EX10 about 5 minutes ago.

These two lights are not astonishingly bright, but they are respectable and very nicely built. I just posted a thread about the D10 recently.

Last month I bought a Muyshondt Aeon and RA clicky. Month before that I bought a Quark tactical, but gave that to a buddy. Didn't do anything for me even though it was quite decent. The non tactical would have suited me better.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
think your requirement of a very low, low mode rules out a lot of choices, off hand i can only think of the Quark lights.

batmanacw

Enlightened
think your requirement of a very low, low mode rules out a lot of choices, off hand i can only think of the Quark lights.

He needs to define low. The nitecore goes down to 3 lumens if I remember correctly. Infinitely variable and remembers the last setting.

jugg2

Enlightened
Definately stay away from the Nitecore lights. I went through 3 EX-10s until they finally gave me a refund! Went and bought a RA Twisty and never looked back.

Look up RAs lights, you may not want the Twisty, but they have quite a few models with a clicky swith as well. They are tough and have the ultra-low you are talking about.

Somebody mentioned the Quark series lights. I gifted a AA version to a friend and it is a solid light as well, and it too has a very nice low mode.

Hope all this helps! If you think you have it bad now wait till you buy your first SureFire! Thats when you start getting into some big bucks haha.:broke:

Myster.E

Newly Enlightened
Thanks! liking the suggestions so far. Interesting to see conflicting opinions on the nitecores though. Quark is getting some my interest right now. The Ra lights seem like the quality I'm after, but are on the large side.

Honestly all the lights mentioned so far are physically larger than both the Bitz pocket and the Muyshondt Nautilus. Anyone know where to find one of these? Any other ideas for something under 3 inches in length?

Thanks again everyone.

Myster.E

Newly Enlightened
He needs to define low. The nitecore goes down to 3 lumens if I remember correctly. Infinitely variable and remembers the last setting.

Something low enough to run a few days straight. Definitely no more than 3 lumens. I'm thinking probably 1 lumen or less is Ideal.

Thanks

Shorty66

Enlightened
The zebralight H60 might not exaclty be what you want but it has everything you asked for.
Plus owning a Headlamp is just incredibly useful.

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast

$60 any of the popular off the shelf 123 lights here nightcore fenix etc, all excelent lights you will be happy.

$100 RA or novatac , maybe find a used one for $80?

$180+, some very sexy lights but with similar performance to the others mentioned above only you will be VERY SORRY if you lose it.

and thats easy to do, they are all tiny
:oops:

ab1ht

Newly Enlightened
The Quark AA has as 90 - 0.2 Lumen spread. Not quite 100, but close.

Also, depending on why you need the low light level, you may also want to consider a dual color light like the Proton Pro. The (adjustable) white LED output is around 80 Lumens and the red (adjustable) LED output is up to about 2 Lumens max (measured both on an integrating sphere). It's also reasonably prices (less than $50). It's a 1xAA.

HTH

artec540

Enlightened
I confess!!!
...I'm inexplicably fascinated with LED flashlights. This honestly came out of nowhere. I own just one LED light. A Fenix L1D. Bought it a couple years ago...used it a few times, No big deal. Put it in a drawer, forgot completely about it, recently re-discovered it in a black-out, and then like Snap!!! What just happened in my head? I can't stop thinking about flashlights now:naughty:

I need another one right NOW. I've been losing sleep lately as I have been lurking around in this forum every night for a week... up way past my bed time. Suddenly most of my bookmarks are linked to flashlight vendors/manufacturers/forum threads.
I admittedly don't yet know diddly about the technical aspects of this interest, but I felt compelled to make my first post here regardless. I need help.

I know what I want, but I need help selecting and finding it. Here are the criteria:

Two lights I really think I would like are the Bitz Pocket (non Ti), and theMuyshondt Nautilus (non Ti). Problem is I cant seem to locate a vendor that has these available anymore. Any leads on these?

Also, I would soooo welcome any suggestions on other lights similar to the two I mentioned above. Please help. I need sleep badly.

Thanks to all!!!
...and its nice to finally be apart of this community.

main_image.JPG

2889720721_de1085d20f.jpg

Have a look at the Spartanian II. I don't know how well it would fit your criteria but I really like mine. I particularly like the switching....... I find it much more convenient than the button on the base.