Before I know it.... my collection turned....

ruriimasu

Enlightened
Few months ago, the warm tint bug bit me.. and before I even realised how serious the bug bit me, my collection of lights and ALL newly acquired ones (and old ones, modified) turned out to be all neutral white. The last 4 lights I bought were all neutral white, including a neutral-white LE engine for my Lummi Wee. I don't keep lights I don't use often, often selling them away or giving them off to friends. So now what remains of my collection is 2 white lights and 4 neutral-white lights :huh:

It seems I only want to buy warm tinted lights now. has this happened to anyone else? :eek:oo:

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
haha... you are not alone. i used to think cool white LED are... well... cool :grin2: but early this year I was introduced to Fenix TK20 and shortly after I register in CPF... look what it got me...
NeutralWhiteLights200908.jpg

from left, H501w, EZ AA/w, Quark 123²/N, T2 MP, T10LC2/N, T20C2/N, Quark AA²/N, TK20, P10A2/N

when I can't get enough of the warm/neutral tint, i go for the incans :devil:

Last edited:

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Early on this summer, I suspected people where on to something with all the hype about neutral/warm tint, so I placed an order for a neutral Quark and a TK20. After receiving these, I ordered a second neutral Quark, and am thinking about a T20C2 neutral. I now wish all lights come with a warm/neutral version.
I was looking at my older lights with the cool LED's in them and what seemed like pure white to me before now looks blue and sometimes purple. I can't go back anymore and even consider one or two incans sometime in the not too distant future...

bluepilgrim

Enlightened
I've been getting warmer, although I don't mind a cool white if it's not blue. I just got the warm Romisen RC-N3 this morning, and it's nice (expect it will be when I get to try it in the dark too) -- about the same as the Quark AA neutral in high (not turbo) mode. I also have Nitecore D10 R2, though, and it's not 'warm' but the tint is good -- not blue. I think maybe the R2 is a better tint than Q5, or P4 (my other RC-N3).

I've noticed the warm tints look a bit yellow until I compare them with an incandescent -- then they look more like 'real white'. I'm pretty much thinking of warm LED as the 'standard' tint to compare others too now.

Gatsby

Enlightened
What is sort of interesting about this cool/neutral/warm thing is I pulled out a LuxIII Peak Pacific the other night and it was a very pleasant creamy neutral tint. I don't know where the Cree bandwagon got so blue but it seems like we had it pretty good with the LuxIII emitters back in the day, at least tint wise, and didn't even know it!

buickid

Enlightened
I thought LEDs were the bomb, but after I got my Malkoff M30W, all I want is warm LEDs and super incans! I used to be satisfied with my NT120P, but now my Mag85 has me itching to build a 623 :devil:

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
ruriimasu,

You pretty well express my thoughts and feelings. The new Quark 123 and AA2 (both warm white) have replaced Fenix PD20 and LD20.
Fenix TK20 is with it's great and comfortable handling and pleasant tint likely the flashlight I would choose if I had only one alternative.
EagleTac M2XC4 neutral white is beautiful though it's drawbacks of the ugly beamprofile and bad rotary switch construction.

I have a Malkoff P7 dropin placed in a Mag 3D, but will soon move it to a 2D with a 6AA to 2D converter. I really like it, but wish it was in a warm tint...

Regards, Patric

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also am warming up to neutral tints (no pun intended :p)

It started with a Malkoff M60W.
Now I have 3 neutral Quarks.
A neutral M2XC4 on the way.
And a growing collection of Surefire Incans :D

Jason_Tx

Newly Enlightened
Well. I'm pretty new to this
Bought a Fenix Tk11 R2 -- and loved it
A week or 2 later, I bought a Romisen RC-N3 Neutral from shiningbeam
and loved it more -- wife decided it was hers..
Then I bought a Jetbeam E3P neutral for my buddy as a wedding gift. Uhh.. well, I had to test it to make sure
it worked. And he almost got something else for a wedding gift. I gave it to him, but it was difficult.

So, I bought a SolarForce L2 Host + Malkoff M60W -- its mine, mine mine...
Today.. ordered a SF 6p Body and a SF 6P HA bored out body...
I bet ya can't guess what tint is going in those eh?

so... uhh... wanna buy a TK11 R2? anyone? LOL
I put it up on the market place.. why?
Although its one heck of a nice light... it ain't neutral / warm

Yeah, I got it to - - the warm bug and the SF P60 lego bug :naughty:

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a Malkoff M60W around the first of the year, and then a M60WLF. Between the two of them, none of my other lights got used any more.
Tried the M60WF and M60WL, and stayed with the original two, but also decided that I wouldn't buy any LED light that doesn't have a neutral Cree, or can't be modded with one.
Except for an Arc AAA-P on the keyring, and a lone remaining incan, my whole accumulation of users is new since then.
Now I have both C and E series hosts for the Malkoffs, 2 SFs modded with Q4-5B and Q3-5A, respectively, 3 Zebralights with Q3-5As, and a Quark 2AA Tactical with Q3-5A. Total convert.
dscn4565.jpg

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
every new light i buy has warm 5A tints, or else has to be able to be modified.

a light will have to be VERY unique for me to get it now otherwise

Crenshaw

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't really mind the cool R2 colour or the even cooler Q5 colour - but the neutral white emitters are quite pleasing to the eye. I have a Zebralight H60w and I really like it. I also have a Quark AA neutral, NiteCore EZAA neutral and my first warm emitter light - my Jet-IIIM.

Even better for colour are the incans - my Mag 2D with 3854-L has a very nice colour beam.

The worst I've owned is the Fenix E-01 :sick2: But I traded that horrid light :green: away. Freakin' purple beam! :barf:

Last edited: