Help Me ! Batteries for my Fenix PD30+

bertie123

Newly Enlightened
I'm going to buy me a Fenix PD30 R2+, I don't know much about flashlights so I was wondering wich batteries i should use, Standard or rechargeable (CR123A). So can anyone tell me if rechargeable batteries go off while not in use (in the flashlight/out the flashlight). And do they work as long as standard batteries. Wich brand do you advice to me, aswell standard as rechargeable. Or is there anything I should know about batteries ? Thanx :twothumbs

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Both work for the PD30. The PD30 is fine with the higher voltage of a rechargeable battery. Most here would recoomend AW's RCR123s. Runtime will be shorter then with primary batteries because of the lower capacity, but then you won't have to spend more money buying new batteries.

:welcome:

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to cpf! The other downside of rechargable 123a batts is that they often go (in most lights) from 100% bright to dark in a instant..as their power is deleted. I have found this out the hard way and thought you should know.

Congrats on your PD30+. Mine should be here any day as well.

bertie123

Newly Enlightened
Welcome to cpf! The other downside of rechargable 123a batts is that they often go (in most lights) from 100% bright to dark in a instant..as their power is deleted. I have found this out the hard way and thought you should know.

Congrats on your PD30+. Mine should be here any day as well.

oww, and this abrubt change to dark, does it come soon ? how long do you gess you can do with a rechargable 123a in comparrison to a primair one ? (%) and do the rechargable 123a batts also go off when flashlight is not in use ?
Already THANX FOR YOUR HELP !!:thumbsup: