Surefire M3 MC-E + Aspheric

Inliner

Newly Enlightened
Just wanted to share that Surplus Shed lens# L8673 fits nicely into the Z46 bezel and focuses nearly perfect with Nailbender's D36 module. Here are some beamshots of the MC-E (K bin Neutral) vs my G2Z with a DX XR-E R2 dropin. The lens is 35mm dia and 44mm focal length.

IMG_3780.jpg

IMG_3783.jpg

IMG_3785.jpg

IMG_3786.jpg

The R2 is still king. I'd like to try one behind this new lens.

parnell

Newly Enlightened
It is amazing how much 20 degrees of viewing angle affects the hot spot. R2 definately is king in this application. Thanks for the comparison too put things in more perspective.

Inliner

Newly Enlightened
I'm pretty sure the G2Z's lens has a lower F ratio (focal length/lens diameter) so it will capture more light from the emitter. The new lens makes a much tighter hotspot though (per die). The binning difference leaves a lot to question also.

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
r2 is probably overdriven compared to the mce's dice, not to mention cool white puts out more lumens than neutral. If you used the lens on the mce with the R2, I bet it would be even better, just no way to hold it in place

wquiles

Flashaholic
Just wanted to share that Surplus Shed lens# L8673 fits nicely into the Z46 bezel and focuses nearly perfect with Nailbender's D36 module. Here are some beamshots of the MC-E (K bin Neutral) vs my G2Z with a DX XR-E R2 dropin. The lens is 35mm dia and 44mm focal length.

(snip pics)

The R2 is still king. I'd like to try one behind this new lens.

Nice build ;)