New Surefire E2DL 200 LUMENS?!?!

outersquare

Enlightened
lol that would be funny if they only increased the paper spec, since some of them already measure 200..

vb14

Newly Enlightened
This is what I'm wondering when I got the email. Did they change anything on the light itself? or just updated the specs....

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
same here, I had the E2D, now the E2DL mkI,and then i get this lovely email. I guess they updated the light. Now it'll probably put out close to 250lumens.

Still no reason to "upgrade" from the mkI

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
HELL YEAH!!!!! Just got this from SureFire:

surefire.jpg

Viper715

Enlightened
Darn you Surefire just as I was about to spend all my money on some newly released lights you pull me back in to an old favorite.

xpawel18x

Newly Enlightened
Just got the email, for a second I thought I would be the first one to make a thread about this..:sigh:

Anyway, I kinda feel this is not fair. All the folks who bought a 120 lumen E2DL for $149 and now there's a new one with 200 lumens for the same price.:thumbsdow

Notice that on the website the stats do not say "improved performance" like on other models that actually did get an update. I think they are finally starting to use the real OTF lumens we have known the E2DL for. I guess we'll have to wait and see until someone gets one and compares it to the previous "120 lumen" version.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Yikes....
The old one did 200L OTF.
New one claims 60% increase.

60% x 200 = 120 additional Lumens!!!

:drool:

By that logic, you could run it off a 17670 and still get over 200 OTF :twothumbs

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I think they are finally starting to use the real OTF lumens we have known the E2DL for. I guess we'll have to wait and see until someone gets one and compares it to the previous "120 lumen" version.

I don't think SF would do that. Historically they have always been one of the few who honestly rate their products for Lumen output. If they advertise a 60% increase of the new versus the old, I am inclined to believe that it is an actual OTF increase. Not just a spec update.

funkymonkey1111

Enlightened
Notice that on the website the stats do not say "improved performance" like on other models that actually did get an update. I think they are finally starting to use the real OTF lumens we have known the E2DL for. I guess we'll have to wait and see until someone gets one and compares it to the previous "120 lumen" version.

the email said that "its light output increased by an impressive 60%." that indicates a performance upgrade, not a rating change.

if SF changed the way it did its ratings, wouldn't it have increased them on all its other products, too?

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not every E2DL put out 200L. MrGman admitted his 200L one was brighter than most others he saw and somebody tested another one at 160L. I think they are likely up to Q5's consistantly or more likely just using the LX2 drive specs and so can increase the spec lumens.