Malkoff M60 with Surefire Z2?

SBR1

Newly Enlightened
I'm guessing this drop in would work with the Z2, since it looks the exact same sized head as the 6P. Is this correct?

Thanks!

DM51

Flashaholic
Welcome to your 1st post on CPF, SBR1 (although I already saw you had a thread over on CPFMP earlier).

I don't think this is the best place for this thread - I'm moving it to LED Flashlights for you.

Ging

Newly Enlightened
The Z2 has the same bezel as the 6P and it defiantly works with a 6P. The head may not screw all the way down, it doesn't effect operation or waterproof-ness. It is a great drop-in, I'm sure you'll love it, if not you can easily sell in in the market place.

Last edited:

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
The M60 sure will work in a Z2 :thumbsup:

I have my Z2 sporting a Malkoff M60W

I love it :twothumbs

ionizedsky

Enlightened
I'm guessing this drop in would work with the Z2, since it looks the exact same sized head as the 6P. Is this correct?

Thanks!

:welcome:

The Malkoff M60 line of modules will work well in a Z2. I have a M60 in my Z2 that I carry in a Surefire V85A Holster on my bat belt.

As a new person to the forum here a couple of really good links to threads that might answer oncoming questions you might be formulating in your head already:whistle:

Malkoff M60 & M30 Runtimes,etc

17670 Batteries? <-- Which will work well with a stock surefire 2 cell body's inside battery compartment diameter.

Using Li-ion cells in LED flashlights safely
Which brings me to the above link which is really important if you decide to pursue using li-ion rechargeables for any flashlight.

SBR1

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the welcomes and the info!

I have been a lurker here for awhile now and have posted in the CP marketplace forums....

This is a great place for light lovers. :drool:

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm running an older generation model, the 9z, with an M60 from time to time. Those work just fine, too; it's a combination you won't regret.

Robert_M

Newly Enlightened
I have an M60 in my Z2. The only thing you'll notice is a ~ 1mm gap between the head and the body. Others have sanded their drop-ins to get rid of the gap. It doesn't bother me. Besides the M60 is almost 3 times as bright as a P60L!!!

Last edited:

Mr_Black

Newly Enlightened
The first Malkoff drop-in that I got (an M60) went into my old beat up SureFire Z2. Since then I've gotten quite a few more Malkoffs but the Z2/M60 is still one of my favorites. I don't have a gap at all with the drop-in and I run two RCR123s in it.

Z2Combatlight.jpg