Fenix TK40 Four Batteries Question

GrnXnham

Enlightened
I'm sure this has been covered here and I tried to search but couldn't find anything specifically about this.

I just got this light. I've read the directions on using 4 batteries instead of 8 and I'm still not 100% sure how to do it. I don't want to fry anything.

So when using just 4 batteries, should they all be facing the same direction or is it two batteries one way and two the other way?

Also, I saw others here complaining that with the TK40, you have to unscrew the tail cap several turns to turn it off. With mine, you only have to unscrew it 1/2 turn and it turns off. Did they upgrade/change this light or is there just some variation from light to light?

Thanks

jahxman

Enlightened
Load the batteries with the negative ends on the springs always; to load just four two face one way and two face the other, in two colums next to each other. If you load them in opposite corners of the carrier it wont work.

There is some variation from light to light in how far the gold colored springs stick up from the battery carrier; also the battery carrier was updated from the first version to try to provide some polarity protection.

HKJ

Flashaholic
I'm sure this has been covered here and I tried to search but couldn't find anything specifically about this.

I just got this light. I've read the directions on using 4 batteries instead of 8 and I'm still not 100% sure how to do it. I don't want to fry anything.

So when using just 4 batteries, should they all be facing the same direction or is it two batteries one way and two the other way?

Also, I saw others here complaining that with the TK40, you have to unscrew the tail cap several turns to turn it off. With mine, you only have to unscrew it 1/2 turn and it turns off. Did they upgrade/change this light or is there just some variation from light to light?

Thanks

Look at the battery carrier, you need 4 batteries that has a connection from the head and back to the head, i.e. you need to load two slots that are connected with a piece of metal at the tail end. That translates into two batteries facing the head and two batteries facing the tail and loaded into connected slots.

How much you have to unscrew the head (According to the manual it is best to unscrew the head, not the tail), depends on the springs on the battery container.