Do you feel naked when

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
you left the house with only ONE light? Was late for work, rushed out and discovered that the Solarforce L2 with LF HO-9 and my EX10 GDP were at home and all i had was my LD01. Man, i feel helpless and *naked*.

anyone left home with only one light and felt the same way?

gsxrac

Enlightened
I dont feel too naked if I only have one light but if I forget to grab a light (Hasnt happened in a loooong time) or my gun I will actually drive back and get it because I will seriously worry the entire time I dont have it. I may need some sort of psychological help but so be it :whistle:

Lord Bear

Enlightened
Lights are the only item I EDC two of. I have had them run out of gas. For all other items I ignore the "2 is 1 and 1 is none" cautionary saying. Although come to think of it pocketknives have also run out of gas by going dull. Luckily haven't run out of bullets.:D

Monocrom

Flashaholic
The only time you should leave your house with one light, is when you're heading out to buy a new one.

bstrickler

Enlightened
you left the house with only ONE light? Was late for work, rushed out and discovered that the Solarforce L2 with LF HO-9 and my EX10 GDP were at home and all i had was my LD01. Man, i feel helpless and *naked*.

anyone left home with only one light and felt the same way?

I do that all the time in school. I'll put them in my backpack, then I'll keep forgetting its there, then once I remember, I check the sidepocket where I always put them, then make sure the 4 CR123's and 4 AA's are there (can't ever have too many backup batteries). When going out during the daylight, I'll at least have 4 CR123's, my 6P, and my Quark 2xAA tactical.

~Brian

zven

Enlightened
I think I'd be okay walking out of the house carrying only my SF L1 or G2/M60LF. Or even my NiteCore D10. But if I ever manage to walk out without a real, traditional flashlight, and at least 60 lumens available to me, I feel VERY naked. I've managed to walk out (only short trips, fortunately) with only my ZebraLight H30. A great light to be sure, but with no throw and no standard flashlight ergonomics, it was very disconcerting.

Also, if I manage to forget spare batteries for the light(s) I have on me, I just can't shake that nervous feeling until I get back home...

shark_za

Enlightened
I leave Romisen RC-N3's in each of my cars and my access cards have a iTP A3 attached.
Car keys have a Streamlight Nano.

Even if I grab one (usually LGX200) I have another few ready to use around me.

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always have my Mule in my cell phone holster with a P3D Q5 next to it.

The only time I leave the house is to get into my car.In the trunk I currently carry a POB and a CT HID(both 3500 lumens).A Mag633(7000 lumens).A Deree DBS Aspherical.And 2xROP's.And Lord knows what else.
evilgrin07.gif

Naked no!!!!.......broke?????........Hell-Yes!!!!!!!!

Legend

Newly Enlightened
I always carry only one light unless I'll be doing something where I really wouldn't want to be without a light. :candle:

Linger

Flashlight Enthusiast
What you 'need' is your brain and your hands. Any other tool you happen to have is great but try not to allow yourself to become distracted by the absence of one tool that you forget about the great adaptability your mind permits you.
The lack of should not cause anxiety. If it does or you are feeling naked. That may be a good time to go out in the yard naked (or next too) and rediscover the innate competence you have.
You're a powerful animal! You can make what tools you need:devil:

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
nowdays.. i feel vulnerable when i carry only two..

but one. umm.. yeah i would likely go back to get atleast another one.

luckily i normally leave with my car so i have atleast the one in my keys.. and 3 to 6 in the car. **and this reminded me.. need to check the batteries in the car-flashlights tomorrow!!**

so i think i need help. falling into deep dark hole.. glad i have my flashlights with me! hahahh..

Benson

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, yeah, I would, but I can't figure out how I could forget that many. These days I carry three real lights and a fauxton on my keyring and one in my jacket, plus a MagP7 and HID spotlight in the truck.

But given that I've been feeling slightly undressed since I lost one of them the other day (gotta head back out where I was walking and look for it tonight -- it was my best high & low-low light), I'm sure I would.feel naked with only one. Well, except maybe the Stanley HID -- that's gotta be at least a speedo's worth. :nana:

crocodilo

Enlightened
I only EDC one light at a time, and can't remember the last time I was without one, but then again I've always got some backups:
-the sun
-other available fixed artificial lighting
-a lighter
-my cell phone (I believe it has a Nichia of sorts)

On the other hand, I woud really feel naked if without a knife in my pocket.

(I hope i don't get banned from saying this...)

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I hate to admit it, but one day I forgot my EDC (Arc AAA at that time) and came up with some lame reason to need to drive home at lunch (20 mile round trip), when of course the only real reason was to get my light.

Geoff

Dude Dudeson

Enlightened
Normally I wouldn't care at all if I left the house without a light, but since moving to my current location I try to always have two on me.

My area has no sidewalks, no street lights, pitch black narrow mountain roads, and I'm driving a beater car these days. If I were to be stuck walking home without light it would not only really suck, it'd be genuinely dangerous.

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
At first I thought me even carrying my one EDC (Ako k109) was a bit silly but I've since started also keeping my Solarforce L2 /w LF drop-in in my backpack. I started doing it mainly cause I worried I'd need high output for long duration and my Ako sucks a 16340 dry in about 35 mins.