G2 what lens

speedoflight

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone: I had a 6P and when I went off for abdominal Sx. someone got into my gear ( I am sure it was someone roving thru the fire station) and stole it. I replaced it with a G2black. Now more bad luck, the switch activated in my turnout gear, and melted the plastic lens on the G2. Lucky me our turnouts R nomex so no fire. It is considered very bad form to set the fire station ablase by the way. So now I am wondering if I can get something a little tougher than the lexan, or if I should even consider it. I am not very well informed about surefires. Also anybody familier with the nifty little Eddie Bauer 3 LED flash at Kmart for $22?

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could replace the bezel of the G2 with one from a G2Z.
The G2Z has a pyrex lens better suited for the heat.

pahl

Enlightened
I have a G2Z bezel on the way for my G2-BK. I bought it over on the buy/sell/trade part of the forum for $12.
I have not had a problem with my stock lens, but I want to try the P91 lamp in it some day and thought I should probly have the pyrex lens on when I do that.

If you decide to go with a differant light I would be interested in buying what's left of your G2. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
i think you should just get a G2Z...grip rings are useful, it has pyrex, and the tailcap can be locked-out to prevent accidental activation of the light. the LOTC is also waterproof /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

B@rt

Flashaholic
Hi speedoflight,

fc3d9dd8.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

For a lot of info about the "Eddie Bauer" AKA LedLenser lights, check out this thread:
The Complete Guide to LedLenser (NEW BIG UPDATE) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

speedoflight

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info,I will probably get the pyrex version for future long use. The G2 with 14 batts shipped was only $57.00 so I don't feel too bad about it and its tax deductible. Thanks again for the help.