What's your Solarforce L2P serial number?

rje58

Enlightened
Must be the infamous "faux serial number", because mine is A0242, too.

< just kidding >

Mine is AO158.

Update: picked up another one... this one is A0187.

Mine is A0242.

Last edited:

paintballdad

Enlightened
Sorry to take this off thread but how do you like your L2P's? How would you rate the type III anodizing? Any other info you might have will be appreciated.

Thanks

rje58

Enlightened
I really like mine so far, but I've only had it for a few weeks, so experience is limited... the anodizing looks fine to me, it hasn't received any abuse that would "test" it.

How does one evaluate the finish, without abusing it? In other words: what should I look for?

Sorry to take this off thread but how do you like your L2P's? How would you rate the type III anodizing? Any other info you might have will be appreciated.

Thanks

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've only had mine for a couple of days, so I'm still in the "new toy" phase.

Machining is excellent, the redesigned strike bezel is not so aggressive looking and is really well done.

The anodizing is very well done from what I can see, but I'm not gong to beat the crap out of it to find out how tough it is :duh2:

On my light, the anodizing on the tailcap is darker/more glossy than the battery tube & head. Getting perfectly matched anodizing is nearly impossible.

The switch in the tailcap is a definite improvement over the ones in the regular Solarforce L2 models.

It certainly looks a lot more expensive than the $36 it cost.

So how much do I like my L2P....I have another one on order :D (although I may have to fight my wife for it when it gets here :ohgeez:)

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
A0068...
Overall anodizing is good, except in the head threads. The tail thread is smoother. Name marking is a little dim. Compare to other lights with type III anodizing, this L2P black anodizing is a little dull :shrug:

EDIT: not sure if this is a feature or otherwise... using 2 x AW IMR16340 cells in this light (reading 3.97V each), the drop-in will blink every 5 seconds... it runs fine on 2 x CR123A (SureFire brand, reading 2.96V each) tho... :thinking:
Don't really like the R2 drop-in, now running incan bulb happily drawing 1.45A from the 2 x AW IMR16340 cells. :grin2: May feel brave later and drop a P91 in it, hope the stock switch doesn't go :poof:

Last edited:

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
EDIT: not sure if this is a feature or otherwise... using 2 x AW IMR16340 cells in this light (reading 3.97V each), the drop-in will blink every 5 seconds... it runs fine on 2 x CR123A (SureFire brand, reading 2.96V each) tho... :thinking:
Which drop-in is it?

If it's not designed for 8.4v+, it can't take the voltage of 2 16340 cells (IMR or LiCo).

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
The drop-in comes stock with L2P... from the item description it says "4V-11V". Here is a picture of the received drop-in...
SF_R2_Dropin.jpg

To all fairness, the item description did says "1pc 18650 or 2 pc CR123A" :shrug: Well, it does runs fine on 1 x P18650 and 2 x CR123A primaries...

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, I think we got ours from the same place (itc_shop).

Let me check my drop-in and see if it also blinks on LiCo 16340s'.

EDIT: No blinking on mine with AW Black 16340's

Last edited:

Xtremespeed

Newly Enlightened
A0245

copperfox, there is one between us somewhere. Lol!

I really like it. The anodizing is kinda flat looking, which I like, but it's extremely consistent. If fact, I can't tell any difference in any of the parts, which is a first for me. I'm pretty picky. Mine didn't come with a dropin. I have a dereelight mc-e in mine. My only complaint is my rcr123's rattle a lot. I had to shim them. Even an 18650 rattles. It appears they over bored the tube little. I cut a piece of the blister pack the flashlight came in, rolled it up and inserted it in the battery tube. It fit perfectly with the aw rcr123's and is smooth, so they still slide in and out nicely.

joshconsulting

Enlightened
A0846. Looks like I have one of the later ones. It has a slight nick in the tailcap, but is otherwise perfect :)