My favorite feature of the McLux is . . . .

avusblue

Enlightened
The tailswitch design and the handy way it stands on end. I love the way it's easy to flash and click the switch on and off, and to attach accessories, yet the McLux also stands on its tail so well. The light's size and balance let it stand on its tail with stability and ease. This is an attribute I've not found on any commercially available light, and this usefulness is what makes the McLux my all-around daily favorite. I appreciate its intelligent design, utility, and elegance every time I pick it up -- and put it down!

Thanks again to the Skunks for a job well done, and for sharing your artistry with rabble like me.

Dave

(SureFire would do well to copy this, as the L4 is nigh-onto perfection except it can't stand up on its own.)

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree they should patent that and sell it before some large company starts using it.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah yes...the beautiful McLux! I think it's too good lookin' to be used, so I store mine safely away in a cool, dark drawer.

fbd2cf2c.jpg

Kiessling

Flashaholic
agreed.
IMHO this marvel could be sold to a greater public due to the beauty and technical perfection paired with the variability and uesfulness.
but of course, no one ever listens to poor kiessling /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
bernhard

Raindrop

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
ttran97 said:
Ah yes...the beautiful McLux! I think it's too good lookin' to be used, so I store mine safely away in a cool, dark drawer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't argue with the looks but I think you have to have at least ONE to carry around everyday. I was on a project yesterday with some non flashaholics and I used the McLux to light up a subplenum in a rather large mechanical unit. The poor mechanical contractor with his regular Minimag quietly just put it away /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Not to say that I don't have some other McLuxes tucked away in a jewelry box /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I have 2-favorites of the McLux.

1. The tailend section, how it incorporates the replaceable clicky + adds the ability to stand on its end and used in candle-mode.

2. The user replaceable lens and optics. I don't need to be all that concerned if the lens get scratched, becuase is 10-seconds a new one can be installed.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
My favourite features of the McLux are the recessed switch so you can stand the light on-end, and the McFlood reflector that produces a wide cone of white light instead of a very narrow beam.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Mcflood, the looks, and the recessed, but standable tailcap is what attracts me to the McLux... I usually switch out between an NX01 and the McFlood anyways, and find its modularity quite appealing, considering now I can drive it off of 2AAs...

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
My favs are the small size (in the pic below, only the Arc is smaller) and the prethreaded hole to enable not only tripod mounts, etc., but also the cool cell phone clip mount !

fbe7c5a2.jpg

'Cause I wanna be just like Don (uh, looks aside, of course -- for looks I wanna be just like Darrell and his umbrella) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

lhz

Newly Enlightened
Yup, definitely the kroll switchguard with the accessory ports. Incredible versatility. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
My least favourite feature is probably the EN finish. It looks very nice when new but looks like hell after you use it regularly, unless you're willing to clean and polish it every weekend. My dream light is a Mclux in HA3 finish.

FlashGordon

Newly Enlightened
Those five gaps between the cooling fins are just the right size for adding on five O–rings!
Looks awesome with an EN finish and I don't need a lot of cooling for the brief operation intervals. It sure balances out the fat O-ring on the tail.
Somebody asked if it was a mini light saber from Star Wars! Maybe pics someday.

MenaceSQL

Enlightened
It's looks. My favorite feature is the look of the McLux. Absolutly stunning and beautiful. Thanks again to Nascar for giving it to me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif