Has the Dorcy Spyder gone under the knife yet?

Wylie

Enlightened
I'd like to know if anyone has modded the Dorcy Spyders yet. Is there room in the head for a puck ? Will it melt down under heat? What are the thoughts and what would be the plan man?

What I do know is that the Dorcy Spyders were sent to 10 different Costcos across the nation and this is why they are not being found at all of the Costcos. They did go over very well (with a little help from the forum here I am sure) so they will go into production and will be showing in Tru Value hardware stores and Costcos around 8/03.
I should have ten clam shells on the way if all works for what I hope to be the better.
Anybody interested?

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
The head looks to be large enough to house a Fraen optic, unfortunately doing so will intrude on "converter space". Using a "shallower" optic or reflector will preserve valuable space in the body for electronics /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I've got several different types of mods going on right now (A Brink, 2 Mags, a Spyder & 10 SGK's) so my results on this mod are going to be SLOW.......sorry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Wylie

Enlightened
Hey Thanks Slick,
I will try to keep up.
I don't know how I missed these flashlights for so long. Once I seen them I was going to try and keep it quite but they look like the perfect pr based EverLed transplant. I'd lay money down it is in the works.
That is what is going to happen to one of my Spyders. The other might follow your lead.