Please help identifying this light

KarlMaldensNose

Newly Enlightened
Before I start, I would like to introduce myself. I'm new to lights, although I have a raging knife habbit (I'm on BF alot, JD some and USN rarely). The progression is natural, I suppose. I just purchased online my first high-end light, the Fenix PD20. However, I also just discovered that Nitecore D10's are also available to me up here in Canada, so I might flip the Fenix and grab a D10. Apparently the Nitecore's lowest low is more appropriate than the PD20's 9 lumens for up-close usage indoors and, say, riffling through my pack at night while camping. And this is where my question comes in:

I want the D10 version with the stepless intensity (R2/GDP, I think they're called); not the new model with stepped low, medium, high, SOS, strobe levels (SP XP-E R2, I believe). There is only one Canadian-based site that I know of that sells Nitecores and this is their offering. I have contacted the website but no answer yet. Can anyone please tell me which D10 version this is: the R2/GDP or SP XP-E R2?

Thanks for you help.

balou

Enlightened
If they don't mention it's the SP version then it's probably not.
From the lumens ratings, it couldn't be the D10 with Cree XR-E Q5 emitter, it looks like the D10 with Cree XR-E R2 emitter.

edit:
* Unique Infinitely Variable Digital-controlled Brightness System;
definitely not the SP version

brett09

Newly Enlightened
The SP has a max lumen rating of 145. The one in the link you provided is 130, which is the original version.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
The second picture from the bottom, I can visually see an XR-E emitter, and the body doesn't show R2 on it, so it is the Q5 version.

LightCannon

Enlightened
As the owner of a non-SP model D10, I can say that its pretty safe that the light in question IS one with the original UI. How, you ask?

Look at the piston: on the original version, it's placed near the top of the main cylinder of the piston, whereas on the SP version, they moved it so that it sits near the bottom of the "button" portion. Based on the pictures posted, this is the original one.

I should snap one of these up before Nitecore switches over to the crappy UI...