New feature for DigiCam

daimleramg

Banned
Ok here's the thing that really annoys me with digital camera's, when you take a picture of something/someone that someone will ask you can you email me that pic? Then your like... ok whats your email, get home upload your pics to your computer and email that person the pic. What if digital camera manufacturers started to make bluetooth embedded camera's? After you take the pic you wouls say "hey turn on your bluetooth on your phone" then beam the pic to them. There is only one phone out there that is remotely close to this concept, the Sony Cybershot G3 with WiFi. But if your out somewhere with no WiFi how wil that work? Bottom line we need camera's with bluetooth.

2dark

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Sounds like Samsung might have been listening to you.....

Samsung CL65 compact digital camera with BT (I'll let you google it rather than posting links as I understand that's frowned on....). I think it's marketed as an ST1000 in Europe.....

Cheers,
2dark

daimleramg

Banned
I just looked at it... and was like :paypal:

But you know what stopped me? It only has digital zoom no optical zoom ARGH!!!!!!

This was the perfect camera except for that dealbreaker... optical zoom is a must.

2dark

Newly Enlightened
I may be mistaken, but I think it does have an optical zoom. Here's a copy of the technical specs from the amazon.co.uk site. It states a 5x optical zoom. The zoom lens mechanism is inside the camera chassis, it is not one that protrudes from the body - keeping things very compact. I've got a Sony camera with a similar zoom mechanism and it works really well.

Technical Details

12.2 Megapixel
5x optical zoom
GPS (Geotagging)
DLNA Supported
WiFi & Bluetooth
Smart Auto
Face Recognition
Dual Image Stabilisation
720P HD Movie / H.264 Format, HDMI
Smart album
3.5" 1152K TSP LCD Screen
Face detection (up to 10)
Blink detection
Smile detection
Beauty Shot
Red eye fix
Scene Mode
Auto Contrast Balance
Li-on Battery, in camera charging system
Recycle bin
Storage medium Micro-SD card (not included)

I just looked at it... and was like :paypal:

But you know what stopped me? It only has digital zoom no optical zoom ARGH!!!!!!

This was the perfect camera except for that dealbreaker... optical zoom is a must.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
My 5MP camera phone has bluetooth so I use it to transfer random pictures and videos to my laptop a lot. Unfortunately current generation bluetooth is simply too slow to do large batches of pictures even with my 5 mega pixel resolution.
Wifi Direct may be a good alternative in the future if bluetooth doesn't step it up. I think the first retail point and shoot camera I remember that had wireless ability was a Nikon Coolpix... 3 years ago or so.

TriChrome

Enlightened
Not bluetooth, but there are SD memory cards (possibly other media types as well) which have built in Wi-Fi which can automatically transfer the files to your computer, then even upload them to sites like Flickr real-time.