CoachNed - Member #7011 - is alive!

CoachNed

Newly Enlightened
Hello, All! CoachNed here, member #7011. I joined up way back in Nov of 2004. Just logged in for the 1st time since 2004 and I see we now have 85,000 new members! Woo-hoo!

I joined up back in '04 when I discovered that my mini-mag was actually NOT the best flashlight on the planet. LOL. Used the forum for research, then went out and bought a bunch of 1-watt and 3-watt Luxeons, and a couple of Xenons, and I've been happy with them ever since (clearly I'm easily pleased.) Then just recently through a completely different forum, somebody suggested I buy a little $30 flashlight with a Cree LED that I'd never heard of.

Got the Cree and now I realize all my flashlights are obsolete!

So now I'm back and this is, believe it or not, my first post! (I never posted anything back in 2004.) The purpose for this post is basically just to welcome myself back, and give the Admins a chance to approve my first post, so that at least I'll have a post count greater than zero.

I'm not a huge flashlight techie like a lot of you folks, but I do quite a bit of electrical modding to my motorcycles, and I'm very interested in LED lighting advances for use on motorcycles, so I'll probably be able to contribute some useful posts in the Transportation Lighting sub-forum. In fact, I think I'll navigate over to there right now.

That's all for now. I really don't expect any replies since this post is basically just fluff.

nbp

Flashaholic
:welcome: Coach Ned!

I think you'll find things have changed a great deal since '04. Heck, they've changed a lot since '07 when I got here. There are some really spectacular lights out there, with fantastic features. They are gonna blow your mind! Haha. Welcome back, and try to stick around this time :thumbsup:

da.gee

Enlightened
I hope you saved up a lot of money in the intervening years. Welcome back.

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
Until now I've never posted :welcome:for someone who joined 3 years before I did, LOL. ;)

Ditto that!

CoachNed, :welcome:

Better strap in, it's going to be quite some ride! :D

Expect to:
-look for brighter and brighter lights
-go crazy with all the high output options
-try a neutral tint LED and decide that the highest output isn't everything
-try convert all your lights over to neutral tint... or just buy a bunch of new ones!

:whistle:

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
since you've been a member since 2004, I'm sure you've saved up enough to feed your newly rekindled addiction for a good few days...:welcome:

CoachNed

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the welcomes!

I bought a little $30 (shipped) Cree R2 light from China I assume, running on two CR123's, and not only does it have 5 modes, but it easily outshines a $100 Electrolumens light I bought 4 years ago. I'm thinking the ride maybe ain't gonna be so bumpy if this little light is typical of what's out there.

Plumber came by to fix a leak this week and he's hauling around a 3D Maglite. It had a decent LED conversion of some sort but, still, this huge Maglite just to see under sinks and inside walls. I showed him the Cree R2. He traded me for it on the spot for an hour of plumbing work (about $80.) Cool! Went online and ordered up two more of the dang things. Maybe I should call the electrician next. LOL

Thanks for the tip about neutral tint LED's. I got no idea what that means, so I'll search up a few threads and get myself educated.