New iTP A2 and Problem

HarveyRich

Enlightened
I've just received an iTP A2. The order of modes is Low-Med-High. I've found that it sometimes skips a mode and goes directly to the one immediately after. i.e. from low to high. Further, when the light is off but tightened nearly on it can be made to turn on by torquing (i.e. pushing, not rotating) the head to the side against the body and threads. I lubed it upon receiving it since it was hard to turn. However, this problem persists. Has anyone had the problem? What can be done or do I need to return it for a replacement? My iTP A3 lights work perfectly without any problems.

HarveyRich

Enlightened
I pulled the spring out and stretched it somewhat. It seemed better at first, but the problem remains. When it is twisted almost to contact, I can push the head to the side and contact is made, so the light goes on. This happens only at several places around the head/body. Those points change when I twist off the head and put it back on. The aluminum body flexes just the slightest amount allowing contact to be made. Anyone have an idea of what is the problem and what to do?

dandism

Enlightened
When it is twisted almost to contact, I can push the head to the side and contact is made, so the light goes on. This happens only at several places around the head/body.
This is normal for twist switched lights. It is due to the play in the threads. The simple solution is to untwist it a little more when turning it off.