looking for longest runtime AA light

¿o_O?

Newly Enlightened
I would like to carry 2 lights on me
My first one is a 6p Defender bored for an 18650 using Nailbender's SST-90 3 mode drop-in(love it)
And a backup preferably a AA 2Mode high being about 5-10hour run time maybe 80lumens ish and a super low or "moonlight" mode longest run time possible. Lowest setting's run time having more priority than high's.

I've being thinking about the Jet-rrto
Using AA Battery
High Mode 180 Lumens, 45 min
Daily Mode 50 Lumens, 5 hours
Mid Mode 25 Lumens, 10 hours
Low Mode 10 Lumens, 15 hours
Lower Low Mode 1 Lumen, 80 hours

http://www.jetbeam.com.cn/links/pro/rrt0.aspx

What do you guys think?

Burgess

Flashaholic
Yeah, you want LONG run-time ?

Then go with a 2-cell AA Quark. :thumbsup:

Load it with Energizer Lithiums (L91), and relax.

:cool:
_

sabre7

Enlightened
Gerber Infinity Ultra uses 1AA or 1 AAA. Not the latest & greatest but its reliable, tough, cheap, and has ultra long runtimes.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would you consider a Nitecore D10? You have the flexibility of adjusting the output to a level that you choose instead of preset levels. The clip (optional) on the Nitecore D10 and EX10 allows it to be carried without the tail portion sticking out of your pocket.

From the pictures of the RRT-0 on the link that you posted, it doesnt seem that the RRT-0 can be deep carried in the pocket with the clip.

Anyway, there is a fine review of the Nitecore D10 online, at 1% output you get 60 hrs of output.

Yazmin Zheng

Newly Enlightened
How about to use rechargeable and or solar flashlight?
2UZKK]}[EAUW55`7@[P}{W6.jpg

This one is 3250LUMEN, but can use more than 100minutes.

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would also go with the D10, small lightweight and it does last a pretty long time on one charge.

¿o_O?

Newly Enlightened
The Quark and Nitecore lights look interesting , which of the two do you think has a better build? I'm leaning Quark right now

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't forget the LumaPower Connexion X2. Super long runtime on a single AA battery (71 hours). Almost as much as the brand new Jetbeam RRT-0 (80 hours).

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to carry 2 lights on me....
And a backup preferably a AA 2Mode high being about 5-10hour run time maybe 80lumens ish and a super low or "moonlight" mode longest run time possible....
What do you guys think?

I doubt you can find a 1AA flashlight which will emit 80 lumens out the front consistently for 5 hours or longer. I, too, am waiting for a flashlight like that and think it will require a better LED than is now available.

Perhaps a 2AA light would provide 5 hours runtime at high output. As a data point, the new Inova X2 runs on 2AA batteries and is rated at 85 lumens maximum. My X2 draws 550 mA from a pair of new alkaline batteries and 444 mA from Duracell low self discharge NiMH cells.

jac21

Newly Enlightened
try the Kingpower K1 or the kingpower K2 from Shiniingbeam.

The Kingpower K1

Output on a regular akalines AA battery:
* 6 lumens, 40 hours
* 88 lumens, 2.8 hours
* 107 lumens, 2 hours
* Strobe

The Kingpower K2
Output:
* 6 lumens, 120 hours
* 88 lumens, 5.5 hours
* 180 lumens, 2.2 hours
* Strobe

I'll admit that they are older designs but for less than $33 you really cant go wrong with them.They have less modes & no moonlight mode but the runtimes are a little longer & again the price is a great choice. For Glove compartment light or wife's car light.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wouldnt it be easier to get a D10 or Jet I and program it for your own preference of output/runtime?

Ian2381

Enlightened
Just curious, which among the newer 1xAA lights has the longest runtime and did someone tested their lights at lowest low?
My longest runtime AA light is the SC50+ which according to the specs last up to 4 days on low1 and 22 days in low2.
Is this accurate? currently testing mine at low one and still running after more than 3 days with eneloop, tried to test the low 2 a month ago and I think it lasted 16 days.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralights low 2 and 4Seven Quark moonmode in the AA^2 or CR123^2 are the runtime champs on low.

Cheapskate

Enlightened
I don't know if the specs in Zebralight is untrue or the SC50+ have more efficient driver.
Zebralight SC50+ 0.7 lumens for 22 days.

I don't know either. It depends on what you call efficiency. The SC50 obviously is better on low if the specs are valid. The SC51 might have an efficiency trade off with higher output modes.

I'm frankly at a loss … I don't understand how Zebralight has managed to pull off this sort of performance. :thinking: The SC51 blows away every XP-E light in my collection – both in terms of output/runtime efficeincy, and max output. For goodness sakes, it's max output on Eneloop is higher than most modern 1xAA lights on 14500!

And 14500 performance is still fine on the SC51 – while not as outstanding as the standard battery runtimes, it is consistent with a R4 output bin. Note though that I typically needed to use a small magnet spacer for the protected 14500s to make contact in the SC51 (something I didn't need on the SC50w). Not sure why - the lights look to be the same build.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...XP-E-Neutral)-1xAA-Reviews-RUNTIMES-BEAMSHOTS

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight SC51 - 0.2 lumens for 16 days.
I don't know if the specs in Zebralight is untrue or the SC50+ have more efficient driver.
Zebralight SC50+ 0.7 lumens for 22 days.
The two lights were tested with different batteries which explains the difference.
For the ZebraLight SC51, "runtime tests are done using Sanyo 2000mAh Eneloop AA batteries."
For the ZebraLight SC50+, "runtimes based on Sanyo 2700mAh NiMH."