Fenix Ld01 stainless or Regular?

Dead_Smile

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys.
I would like to buy a keychain sized edc light.
I had decied to buy Fenix Ld01 than and i saw it has got a stainless version. then i saw SS release has problems. I got confused.:duh2:
http://www.light-reviews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=251
And some problem are written our forum too.

i wonder only SS has that problems or regular release has the same kind problems?
Which one i sould buy?
Thank you.:)

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's all down to personal preference really. I have an LD01 black on my keychain and prefer that one as it is really light and you can even forget you have a light on your keys till you need it. Load it with a lithium AAA and you can just forget about it for years.

The SS one looks nicer but is heavier. Havent heard any issues with it apart from the link you provided but then again, i havent been keeping an eye out for that as i am totally and completely satisfied with my LD01.

Just get whichever one you like more, if any issues arise, send it back to the retailer. I recommend getting yours from 4sevens, their service is great.

Regular: lighter but doesnt look as nice as the SS (IMHO)
SS: heavier but prettier (IMHO)

the choice is yours, get both :D

It01Firefox

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I just tried my SS on both Med and Low and it does not have the problem mentioned in the link. I bought mine about a month ago. If you buy one now I think it's highly unlikely you get one of that faulty batch.

The PWM will be the same on both SS and regular versions of the light.

Markus

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Dead Smile and :welcome:

I have both lights and I seldom use the s/s one because of its additional weight: it might seem a small difference but in a pocket you surely feel it. :rolleyes:

2e4xi6r.jpg

So I suggest you get the aluminum version. :)

Dead_Smile

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone:)
I'm in Turkey. I don't want to get in something that includes international shipping:)
Sometimes could be problem at customs.
L0d1 al is 65$ in Turkey.

Last edited:

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
The price in Turkey is not that bad, the best price in Europe including shipping within the EU and taxes is around $55. :)

Of course you can always buy the light in the US and hope that they don't catch you at customs .... :devil:

Dead_Smile

Newly Enlightened
I often buy things from US but when there are big price diffrence between here and US.
I need to ask something. Fenix Ld01 regular one, Isn't is waterproff? Is it rusting?
Why did they do stainless one?

slayergut

Newly Enlightened
I often buy things from US but when there are big price diffrence between here and US.
I need to ask something. Fenix Ld01 regular one, Isn't is waterproff? Is it rusting?

All fenixs lights are reasonably waterproof,but its not recommended that u deliberately throw it into the river.It should be okay with rain or you dropping it into a puddle of water though.
The regular version is made of aluminium.Aluminium does not rust,it does oxidise but its very slow and the light itself is anodized to protect.(does get scratched up on the keys).
No need to worry about water-proofness or rusting/oxidising for the LD01,as long as u dont abuse it.

All fenixs lights are reasonably waterproof,but its not recommended that u deliberately throw it into the river.It should be okay with rain or you dropping it into a puddle of water though.
The regular version is made of aluminium.Aluminium does not rust,it does oxidise but its very slow and the light itself is anodized to protect.(does get scratched up on the keys).
No need to worry about water-proofness or rusting/oxidising for the LD01,as long as u dont abuse it.

My L2D has been a great bath toy for my 2 year old for months. No issues with leaking whatsoever.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic

stainless steel doesn't show scratches that anodizing tends to show after a lot of use. I have a SS version on my keychain now for a year and it looks the same as when I bought it with keys banging on it daily in my pocket etc. It is heavier but very tough. If you dropped the aluminum one and the SS one most likely the SS one wouldn't be hurt while the aluminum one may end up dented.

icaruz

Newly Enlightened
+1 for SS..for such a small light the weight is negligible..well for me it is not an issue. SS look so much better and of course tougher. Its my backup to my backup and i have it hanging on my neck lanyard on duty.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
My L2D has been a great bath toy for my 2 year old for months. No issues with leaking whatsoever.

So, I'm not the only one who gives his 3 year old a Fenix to play with in the bath. Good.

I have all of the Fenix AAA lights and my SS is the favourite. I go by the philosophy " If it's heavy, it's expensive". The extra few grams doesn't really make a difference when it's on your keys and the finish holds up to scratches so much better.

ltiu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both and both work fine for me.

The SS is heavier but sturdier.

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
SS.

It's heavier, but it's more durable, prettier and is easier to spot if dropped. It's also easier for my wife to spot at the bottom of her purse.

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
as an EDC, definitely SS version, it'll stand up with you keys astronomically better compared to the normal alu version,

Hans

Enlightened
Thanks for answers to all. l'll have a regular one i think.:twothumbs

If you get the regular one, make sure you get the latest version (R2 emitter). Slightly brighter on high than the older version, a lower low, a slightly more pronounced spot and a somewhat smoother beam.