• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Max voltage for BB750

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, jtice.

So, you really couldn't use two lithium ions because that would be 7.4V and the aforementioned, POOF!, right? And you couldn't use one either, because the 3.7V would be below the min 4V, so no go. Guess BB750 and lithium-ion batts can't mix!

jtice

Flashaholic
I THINK... that dat said 2 123 lithiums is ok. But NOT 3.
I know 4-6 AA's is perfered. (alk & nimh)

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I had sucess on 2 123s. I'm told (here) that additional heatsinking is needed for the IC and diode on the BB 750. This means get some metal thermal-epoxied against them.

Larry

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I realize that 2x123's would be alright; I was talking about two lithium-ION rechargeables at 3.7V each instead of 3V each for the 123's.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Sorry about that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif (And yes, I need new glasses!)

Larry

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Phaserburn,

It depends on the Vf of the 5W you are using. If it has a high Vf, you should be fine with two Li-Ions.

- Don

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know the LS would be ok with 7.4V, but won't using over 7V push the BB750 out of regulation? I thought there was a max and a min voltage window for the BB to operate.

Jonathan

Enlightened
The LS may or may not be okay with 7.4V. It totally depends upon the Vf characteristics of that particular LS. If you have a high enough Vf, then the LS will be fine with 7.4 V; but if you have a low Vf LS, then poof. (or at least _hot_)

I believe that the BB750 is fine as long as the input voltage is below the output voltage.

-Jon

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
As long as the Vin does not exceed your particular Luxeon's Vf, you will be fine. Wayne's words (hey, kinda sounds like Wayne'sWorld, don't it?).