ITP E50 vs C8T vs Kingpower K2

GeL

Newly Enlightened
Title says it all.
They're all in the $30 price range, about the same size. Which would you guys prefer? Would there be another option for the price range?
Which has the best spill (lower hotspot:spill ratio, more spill, not ridiculously overpowering hotspot)? I am looking for some decent spill rather than super throw.
Thanks.

Last edited:

LG&M

Enlightened
I only have the Kingpower. So not much help but I like it. It was my #1 2AA light until I got my Quark Turbo. The Kingpower is a tough light I have trust in.

shark_za

Enlightened
Your comment about hotspot vs spill would rule out the C8T.
Its got a tight focussed hotspot with less spill than other 2AA lights.
Its a great tactical light because of this,

GeL

Newly Enlightened
Hmm on light reviews c8t does have more spill lux than others. Based on numbers, it seems like the e50 would be more of a thrower than the c8t.
c8t:
Max Spot 3280 Lux
Max Spill 187 Lux
Min Spot 90 Lux
Min Spill 5 Lux

e50:
Max Spot 7880 Lux
Max Spill 160 Lux
Min Spot 294 Lux
Min Spill 6 Lux

So between e50 and c8t, pros and cons? Your personal preference? What are some good spill lights in the $30s?

Last edited:

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well for one the E50 uses cr123's as the C8 uses AA's......you will get a much longer runtime if you plan on using rechargeable AA's then putting two rcr's in the e50. Basically i would take stock in what batts you have and go from there. I dont have the E50 yet since thats going to be my next light to get. But by looking at the e50 it has a bigger head then the C8. Another light that you might want to take a look at is the C6t.....has longer runtime when you use an 18650 then rcr's. The C6t has a small spot and wider spill area then the C8, if you need to see a whitewall beamshot of the C6 then just let me know.

p1050921c.jpg

p1050757.jpg

Last edited:

GeL

Newly Enlightened
I would really just love to see e50 vs c8t beamshots. Ahh this is driving me crazy

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well you already know that i dont have one yet......but later on when it gets dark i can post a white wall shot of the C8 by itself.

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
SB is the reason why i got the ITP light in the first place......One head that will accept different battery configurations.

p1050812o.jpg