Best performing 2xAA lights

Wacki

Newly Enlightened
I know there are plenty of good lights in the $50-$80 range (a.k.a. Fenix LD20+ 180 lumens or LD20+ 225 lumens/1.5 hrs) for 2xAA. Just wondering if it gets any better (lumen/efficiency) wise if you spend more money or are you just paying for brand name.

Thanks,

Last edited:

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's a thread in the Flashlight Reviews section on CPF with a good selection of 2xAA lights. Just bear in mind that the review was done in Dec'08, so some of the models you're looking at might not be there.

I'm currently looking at the Solarforce L2R 2AA light that accepts P60 style lamp modules. That flexibility allows me a huge selection of either LED dropins or Xenon incands using anything from the common AA alkaline batteries or 14500 rechargeable Lithium-ions.

Solarforce lights are reputed to be well built and reliable, given the price even by CPF standards. Just don't expect it to give you the same type of performance and finish as a Surefire or Jetbeam for half the price thats all.

batmanacw

Enlightened
I have a Quark 2AA regular on its way as I type this. Probably be here tomorrow or the next day.

I really like the build quality of the Quark lights. My first was a tactical and I hated the UI, so I gave it to my buddy.

This light will be a regular so I have quicker access to all the modes.

I have a Fenix LD20 already. The reason I had to have the Quark is for the moonlight mode. I need the long running low.

Also, my Quark had a phenomenal beam quality. The only one I have seen better was the RA clicky tactical. I expect this light to be the same and better than the Fenix.

I will be owning more Quarks in the future. This from a big Fenix fan.