Looking for the brightest non chargeable flashlight

35 cent

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys noobie here I'm looking for the brightest led that does not use rechargeable batteries. I'm looking all over the place to purchase the Husky 200 lumens 2d flashlight but home depot doesn't carry them anymore. So far I purchased:

360 lumens life gear at costco
160 lumens 3AAA at costco

both of these are pretty bright for the price.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I never trust the ratings that are stated on the packaging.

Also, most of the lights here can use rechargeable batteries (and usually run better on rechargeable batteries). For example, the Husky 2D will run with 2 D cell rechargeable cells as well as 2 alkaline D cells.

What will you use the light for?
How much output are you looking for?
What size?
How much throw?
Runtime?
Different modes?(low, high, strobe, etc.)
Price?

I personally avoid 3 AAA lights because those are often lower quality and unregulated (runtime depends on type and quality of battery). A single AA has almost the same amount of power stored as 3 AAAs.

:welcome:

Cosmo7809

Enlightened
Hello and welcome to the candle power forums.

I am SURE you can find alot more non rechargeable lights that way brigher than a costco light.

We really need some more infomation on what type of light you would need such as battery size, modes, price, etc etc.

Once you start buying "real" flashlights those costco/homedepot/target/you get the idea flashlights will look like a child's toy.

I would suggest you take a look at the fenix brand of flashlights(4sevens.com high rated) They have just about any battery type, size, configuration. Big lights, small lights.

Please do not hesitate to ask more questions.

Last edited:

35 cent

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the quick response guys, I'll be using the flashlights for camping and hiking at night.

output: brighter the better 300 lumens + , I just love flashlights, flashlight fetish.
size: don't matter
Throw: the farther the better
runtime: not important
modes: doesn't matter as long as its bright
price: I know cheap things aren't good and good things aren't cheap but I know there are good deals out there for good bright flashlights.

I saw a video review on youtube about the $25 Husky 200 lumens flashlight and its much brighter compare to the more expensive flashlights.