Inner diameter of C cell maglite?

CoyoteRed

Newly Enlightened
Someone in another post mentioned something about 3AA cells fitting a C cell maglite. While laying this out it looks aweful tight even just the cells alone.

So my question is what's the inside diameter of a C cell Mag or, alternatively, will 3 AA's fit?

The reason I ask is I think I've figured out a way to use 6 AA's in a 2C Mag even though the cells are slightly longer. But this can happen only if they can physically fit.

TIA

CR

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast
They don't fit. The ID of a Mag 2C is 1.038" approximately, and the AA cells are about .550 in diameter, so as you see, even 2 side by side are too big to fit. Sorry to burst your bubble...

CoyoteRed

Newly Enlightened
Whoa! That doesn't leave much room for even a C cell! According to QuickBeam's site a C cell is 1.03" and giving tolerances that's pretty tight!

No need to be sorry for bursting any bubbles, it was just a thought. Thanks!

CR

UK Owl

Enlightened
Are you confusing AA cells with AAA cells, I think three AAA cells will be about the same size as a C cell.

Outerdirkness

Newly Enlightened
3 AAA's will fit, I use 2 battery packs from a couple of dollar store LED lights...so far so good!

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will a 26650 fit in a C cell maglite?
26xxx cells are too fat to fit inside standard M*g "C"
However, it's possible to bore inside of M*g "C" to accommodate 26500 or 26650 cells inside.
Since total length of each 26650 may vary 67~71mm, therefore 2x26650 won't even fit in bored out M*g "C"
Just Google Stylish M*g "C" SS Wide Tail Cap,
Wide/Deep 2x18650 M*g C Tail cap

and
M*g C & D Extension Tube By Fivemega
to find out possibilities.