hello, need EDC

186kmps

Newly Enlightened
After years of looking in,
I finally joined CPF. Thank you for all of your insight over the years!
I need a new EDC.
I want an LED around 200 lumens, 2 hour run time on maximum. I was thinking of a Surefire or a Elzetta. Rechargable batts a plus! HELP!

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
After years of looking in,
I finally joined CPF. Thank you for all of your insight over the years!
I need a new EDC.
I want an LED around 200 lumens, 2 hour run time on maximum. I was thinking of a Surefire or a Elzetta. Rechargable batts a plus! HELP!

then you should know to fill in the recommendation checklist so that CPF can help you choose.

PeaceOfMind

Enlightened
200 lumens @ 2 hours and thinking of a SureFire, eh?

Surefire LX2 if you want a two-stage momentary switch w/twist for constant on
Surefire E2DL if you want a clicky switch

Both 200 lumens for about two hours. But not rechargeable batteries, CR123A's.

I'm sure there's lots of other options though.

Gazerbeam

Newly Enlightened
Hello, 186kmps :welcome: the thread link below by Sean is for the new Surefire LX2. Check it out I think it may be the light your looking for. It's gotten rave reviews on CPF. Two settings 15 lumen's or 200 lumen's, 2 hour run time to 50% on high. And of coarse legendary

quality. Good luck on which ever light you choose, this is just the begining.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/235262

186kmps

Newly Enlightened
Thank's to all those who replied.I will give all the suggestions equal thought. But no Elzetta fans out there? P.S. even though I have been a fan of CPF for years,
I am new to posting and how to really use this site. Thank you all for your patience, we were all new members once!

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
i took a look at the Elzetta, not that much information on it on Malkoff's site but i did find a review here, where it states that the light ran for nearly 8 hrs with diminishing output.

But that was on CR123s and not rechargeables so you won't get those runtimes especially on protected cells. I guess you could try it with unprotected rechargeables like the IMR16340s or other labels (i am personally using Soshine 16340s unprotected).

Have you considered a Jetbeam Jet III Pro ST? i have run mine using a protected 18650 and it ran on max (225 lumens) for 1hr 45 minutes +/- before the protection circuit cut in. It has 3 individually programmable modes so you can choose what you want, strobes and SOS are hidden so you need never see them but they're there if you want 'em.

Also, the form factor for the Jet III Pro ST makes it very pocketable and belt holsterable too. The light is waterPROOF (if you look at my avatar, its my Jet III submerged in water undergoing a runtime test)

186kmps

Newly Enlightened
Hyperloop, thank you for all your help. I really appreciate you taking the time to give me your recommendation. A few days ago I did see the Jet III Pro ST on the Jetbeam website. I checked CPF for reviews, and saw a lot of positive things about Jetbeam. I am ordering it this week. Your latest post sealed the deal. I really like the 18650 battery for the light also. Rechargable batteries were never a must for an EDC for me, but I really like 18650 batteries for this light. Thank you again.:thumbsup:lovecpf​

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The Jet III is a good light as you can see from the reviews and comments. I hope you like the light!

:welcome: