Flashlights of the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

-o0(GoldTrader)0o-

Newly Enlightened
What would you want for your ultimate flashlight?
[FONT=&quot]I am calling a flashlight a hand held portable lighting device, which provides a high-powered light beam.
[/FONT]

-o0(GoldTrader)0o-

Newly Enlightened
[FONT=&quot] Three to 5 inches long, bezel ¼ inch diameter, variable focus, waterproof, HID lamp, lightweight, and digital variable-output, lock out, solar rechargeable, as well as default programmable and rechargeable from a Mac. High quality, low price.[/FONT]

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
1) there have been other threads much like this in the past, may be better to dig up one of them, rather than start a new one (we'll let the mod's decide there).

2) I believe there was an admin who had asked you to please stop using larger text size and different fonts, more than occasionally.

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
[FONT=&quot] Which threads?[/FONT]
hiya.gif

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/3243623&postcount=103

brianch

Enlightened
I want my flashlight to have GPS capability as well as wireless communication services. I also want it to play music and video as well as be able to browse the internet wirelessly. It should also be able to start fires, build my tent and actively search for food. The ability to do laundry would be great.

:paypal:

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd want it to light up.

Good Lord, this thread belongs on the all time Most Useless Threads list. :tired: Can I have my 2 minutes back?

joshconsulting

Enlightened
See what I wrote in an earlier thread on a very similar topic (also started by you :ironic:):

The optimal size is a small chip, too small to be seen with the naked eye, with many year runtime. Implant it under your finger with a few touch sensing electrodes, with a 1 -> 1 million variable lumen output and a beam width from .1 to 180 degrees. Use finger controls (i.e. tap your middle finger with two other fingers to turn on, slide up and down on the side to adjust beam width, slide up and down on the front to adjust brightness).

Or, if your not into that, one approx. the size of a button. Smaller is *always* better if cost (i.e. losing it) isn't an issue.

For those of you who want it for tactile purposes, carry a lead pipe in your pocket in case you need it, but leave the flashlight on your keyring

LeifUK

Enlightened
I am sure that LED efficiency will improve, as will the power density of batteries. So we may well see units with AA sized cells producing 300 lumens for several hours. :drool:

2) I believe there was an admin who had asked you to please stop using larger text size and different fonts, more than occasionally.

It is rather irritating isn't it.

wingnut86

Banned
Improvements for the future I would like to see is a P60 LA that draws roughly 500mA, has the same output as current P60's, and Cr123a cells that can run the light for a good 8 hours without the instant drop off to nothing, but a declining output for the last hour. And a bulb life of 50 hours+.

Oh, and a ~$10 price tag rather than the current $17 for the LA, and SF123a's for half the price they are now.

Will it ever happen?? I highly doubt it. :sigh:

After reading what I wrote, it sounds like I should just purchase a Malkoff M60WLL!! If they are even available still...

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
I think we've had enough of this. The OP is taking time off anyway for a repeat violation, so there's no sense pursuing it further. It's closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.