Can I get an opnion on this driver board please?

ifor powell

Enlightened
I don't think they are the same at all. I think they are different configurations for a start. The original I would guess is buck/boost given the quoted voltage range of 2.8-4.2. The second is clearly buck. The first has a hole back side full of components compared to the second. The just look to have a similar inductor and fet....

As no-one has said much about the first I would encorage the MG to get one and let us know what it's like. If it works anyway decently then for the price can't be bad.

Ifor

T0RN4D0

Enlightened
Well its not really obvious, but the first one actually says this;

Designed to work ideally with two 2.7-4.2V lithium-ion batteries (Batteries not included)

Which would suggest to me that the input is actually 8.4 (or more) volts and its a buck driver too. The moron that put up the description put the whole li-ion voltage range and doubled, which is misguiding.

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast

MoreGooder

Newly Enlightened

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
:grin2:

When you get it can you please have a good look to see how it works? It's in the Driver List as a boost/buck driver, but I suspect it's actually an AMC7135 driver, which means its input voltage will actually be 3.3-6.6 V, and the battery voltage will need to be at least 0.12 V above the LED Vf to stay in regulation.

Edit: Then again, it looks like it has an inductor on it, which is probably why I listed it as boost/buck. :confused: