Fenix TK10 low beam, how many lumens out the front?

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
I purchased a Fenix TK10 early in december and so far the light has been fantastic, equal to some of my surefire's in alot of ways (but not all). Anyway, I knew the light was rated at 225 lumens but after a few weeks use I started to fell like the high beam was closer to 190 to 195 lumens out the front. But after some searching here it seems some other members here have rated it at 225 so I feel confidant that's accurate. I couldn't find much info on the low beam though which is why I'm posting. Comparing the low beam to a few other lights like a 6P LED and mini mag 2AA rebel I'm really having a hard time believing it's a true 60 torch lumens, seems closer to 50 lums to me, but then again I was wrong about the high beam though. Has anyone confirmed exactly how many lumens the TK10' s low beam is putting out?

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
According to my lightmeter test low mode of TK10 is exactly 1/5 of high mode and cannot be 60lm. Your impression is likely correct, low mode is surely not more than 45 OTF lumens.

Regards, Patric

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just played with my TK10 this evening, it isn't really bright compared to newer lights, even with one cell like a Quark, but I still like it, it's a nice light with a very smooth beam!

I don't know about the Lumen, but as Fenix rates OTF and to my subjective feelings, it's below 200, probably 180 to 190, appears to be less because of the floody beam... :wave:

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember reading a thread a while back where there was a debate on the torch lumens of the TK10. I believe most of the members in that thread believed Fenix's rating of 225lum was accurate. One member showed a graph where he measured the TK10 at around 225lum OTF. Having a hard time finding the thread, i'll keep searching. I don't have any equipment to measure the light but my experience tells me this light can't be putting out 225 OTF. I guess it really doesn't matter, it's still a fantastic light in my opinion.

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
From the "sticky" in the LED forum, MrGman's thread on lumen readings:

Fenix T1_______________,__2 CR123 Primaries____high_________208.4,___10 sec_______,

Fenix T1_______________
,__2 CR123 Primaries____low,__________46.0,___10 sec_______,

Fenix TK11____________,__2 CR123 Primaries_____high_________221.7,___10 sec_______,

I've seen people write that the circuitry is very similar between the T1, TK10, and TK11, so I'd image the TK10 outputs are similar to these lights.