AA or AAA Single mode for EDC

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am going to semi retire my faithful Microstream as my daily work EDC.I would like to replace it with a single mode AAA or AA cell throwing out between 35 and 80 lumens (bright enough for my work needs).

I have ITP A1 and A3 but have I missed a single mode light in all the threads I have looked at?

Do not mind if it is a click or a twisty as long as it is AAA or AA single cell as they fit my shirt pocket better.

Any ideas please?

mfm

Enlightened
There is the iTP A3 standard edition that is single mode 80 lumens.

how2

Enlightened
Hi I have a Smallsun ZY-C72 Q5 1mode single AAA

It's very bright about 80 to 100 Lumens . Has reverse polarity protection. Has a massive spill due to the shallow reflector, 1 metre distance from the wall gives you a spill of 1.7metre. Lasts for 45mins. Its heavy made either from brass or copper.

The only problem with my one is that the lens is not seated flat but this does not effect the performance and the lens is made of plastic.

I only paid $14.

bfksc

Newly Enlightened
I am going to semi retire my faithful Microstream as my daily work EDC.I would like to replace it with a single mode AAA or AA cell throwing out between 35 and 80 lumens (bright enough for my work needs).
I have ITP A1 and A3 but have I missed a single mode light in all the threads I have looked at?
Just FYI, the A1 is a CR123 powered light, not AA or AAA.
Do not mind if it is a click or a twisty as long as it is AAA or AA single cell as they fit my shirt pocket better.
Any ideas please?
Have you looked at the Quark AA Tactical model? I know you're looking for single modes but the AA remembers your settings and if left with a tight bezel it effectively becomes a single mode with the option of adjusting light output to one of 5 levels to suit your needs and runtimes. It can be set at 70 lumens for the R2 and 85 lumens for the R5 edition. With higher and lower settings available as well.

It may be too pricey compared to the ITP A3 series if you want a basic light though. But you can always look.
:twothumbs

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, you have your basic Romisen RC G2 II , straightforward single mode clicky, decent quality and ships quickly too. Don't forget "CPFuser" discount code when checking out.

Somthing a bit fancier is the Romisen RC 29 II NW neutral white tinted 1xAA light which has the ability to focus from flood to spot.

Decent lights at a decent price.

Warp

Enlightened
1xAA Quark Tactical or iTP A3 EOS standard.

The quark is like a single mode, but better, IMO. One mode whenever the bezel is tight, one mode when the bezel is loose. That kind of UI is like two single mode lights in one. Or I suppose you could program loose/tight bezel to the same output/mode, but what's the fun in that?