Fenix LD10 low voltage cutoff?

LightChaser

Newly Enlightened
Forgive me if this has been answered before - I can't quite find a definite answer to this - but at what voltage does the Fenix LD10 (or LD20 / PD20 for that matter) totally shut down? I think it's 0.9v, but I can't seem to find a confirmation of this.

Now for the reason I'm asking this question (which might mean the post is better suited the battery section): a 0.9v cutoff makes the LD10 safe for NiMHs, right? My main worry is that I abuse (i.e. overdischarge) NiMH cells in the light. Related to this, since the other lights mentioned share the same head, this makes the LD20 and PD20 potentially abusive to NiMHs, am I right?

Again, I apologize if there is a thread that already covers this topic. If there is, please point me in that direction.

Thanks!

bfksc

Newly Enlightened
Forgive me if this has been answered before - I can't quite find a definite answer to this - but at what voltage does the Fenix LD10 (or LD20 / PD20 for that matter) totally shut down? I think it's 0.9v, but I can't seem to find a confirmation of this.
I don't know for sure but I would suspect that's about right. My Quark AAx2 is rated 0.9-4.2v, so about 1 volt sounds good.
Now for the reason I'm asking this question (which might mean the post is better suited the battery section): a 0.9v cutoff makes the LD10 safe for NiMHs, right? My main worry is that I abuse (i.e. overdischarge) NiMH cells in the light. Related to this, since the other lights mentioned share the same head, this makes the LD20 and PD20 potentially abusive to NiMHs, am I right?
Right...don't run the AAx2 cells down too low as any light that cuts off around the 1v range will discharge the two cells down to about half a volt each, which is too low really. One day I'll have to check my AAx2 and see what the voltages are once the light starts to drop output levels. I would guess once the light shows obvious signs of dimming, it's time to take them out and charge them up again.