Crap!!! My new RRT-2 died!

h22

Newly Enlightened
My JetBeam RRT-2 quit. the LED came apart amd is rattling around inside the reflector :mad:.

Anyone know what the warranty is on Jetbeams? I purchased it on line around last november, but I can't even remember witch store i got it from.

If there is a plus side, If I can figure out how to get the head apart, it will be a great candidate for an upgraded LED&driver.

Joe

bedazzLED

Enlightened
Hello h22.

Do you keep your past emails so that you can chase up where you purchased it from, or maybe your credit card details, or Paypal history.

Getting replacements, warrantee repairs, and so on by most of the online stores is straight-forward. Most of them you just log a ticket on their website, they send you details for the return, you send the light back and you get it fixed/replaced.

I've had that happen to me:

1 DOA Fenix
1 the LED dome fell off a Lumapower
1 SST-50 LED was only partially lit up
1 faulty Quark
2 Faulty switches on JetBeams
1 faulty battery holder on a Polestar

All times I've had a replacement/fix within 10 days (and thats USA to Australia)

Full points to the service with most of the Flashlight websites I deal with, no issues what-so-ever.

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bedazzled...Where did you send your Jetbeam for repair or replacement? I've had emails sent to 3 different email addresses at Jetbeams website and heard nothing at all back from them.

h22

Newly Enlightened
thanks, just did an e-mail search, I bought it through e-bay on 10-24-09, so I doubt I will get very far with a warranty.

I have seen just the LED/reflector assembly for the RRT-1 & RRT-2 available, can someone point me to a suplier that sells just the heads?

Bug out gear has a large selection, but dont seem to have just the reflector assy.

still, If I can get it apart, an sst-50 would be cool.......

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm afraid to send my light to China to a company that won't answer the email. Are the lights still on there? Of course I could always just ship the light module..... and stuff a modded one in there if it never comes back.

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 to what notsofast says... Could you post a picture of the light?

If you wanted it done faster, you could just order a Cree XR-E R2 on a star, and solder in the new one yourself... Just make sure you get the polarity right... (If you go this route, make sure you get the LED/start comb from a reputable dealer, such as cutter electronics, or from Cree, not from Kaidomain or Dealextreme)

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
id try a small drop of superglue if the light needs work anyway.

might fix it :)

SureAddicted

Enlightened
Forget emailing, I'd call them. It should not matter where you bought the light from, after all it is a product they manufactured with their name on it. I would bug the hell out of them until they do something about it. If they give you grief, threaten them with legal action. If you try fixing it yourself, say goodbye to the warranty.

bedazzLED

Enlightened
Hi kengps.

All my JetBeams have been purchased from LightJunction.com, and whenever there has been a problem, they look after me. First class service.

Just one other thing. Waddup suggested a drop of superglue to fix it; :caution: DON'T :caution: ! Sorry waddup, no disrespect meant, but I tried that with my Lumapower LED dome. All it does is frost up the LED. Seems as the superglue dries, it forms some type of layer over the dome and frosts up. Makes it useless. I ended up getting a replacement pill from the fantastic folks at BatteryJunction.com.

An alternative I tried on a broken Proton Pro though did seem to work.

I tried some of the following sealer and so far it has been working great, no problems. Dome is still on, clarity is fine, beam is also fine.

http://www.selleys.com.au/Selleys-All-Clear/default.aspx

Hope this helps.