Deree or Tiablo Aspherical?

007adan

Newly Enlightened
Moving away from all the Dx stuff, I own the Wf-008 Recoil Thrower and the Trustfire Wf-800, both really nice throwers for under 50 dollars. I am ready to buy a really nice thrower. I have been reading up and have narrowed my choices down to the Tiablo A9 Aspherical or the Deree Dbs Aspherical. I am looking for a nice tight bright beam with little spill. I may even purchase the Tiablo A10 if they eventually have an aspherical lens for this fella. Also I hear that Deree lights are much better to upgrade with drop in pills.

Last edited:

Tatjanamagic

Enlightened
U can not go wrong with your choice...

Deree is more upgreadable but also more expensive...

Really don't know why Tiablo does not produce stronger pills for A9? Because in that case Tiablo would be better choice...

BTW I have A9 but if U have enough money buy Deerelight DBS.

HKJ

Flashaholic
To save some money, buy the C1H and the aspherical lens. The only reason to use the DBS as base is if you want to switch between the two configurations.
I prefer a light for each:
DSC_5939.jpg

DSC_5944.jpg

007adan

Newly Enlightened
Jay from Flashlightconnection has said, "

The Tiablo A9 with aspherical throws the farthest out of all of them. The DBS with aspherical doesn't throw as far as it used to, as the XP-G LED that's now used in the DBS doesn't work well with the aspherical. " If the driver goes out in the tiablo are you pretty much out of business or is there a fix? I guess my question is Upgradeablility vs A light that has more throw.. This would be so much easier if there were places near by to put your hands on some of these lights.

jblackwood

Enlightened
Simply order an XR-E R2 pill from Dereelight and the DBS/CL1Hv4 Aspherical head regains its max throw...

Yep. At the root of this issue is Carrot's desire that we make sure to differentiate between XR-E, XP-E, and XP-G LEDs. I love my Dereelight aspherical. I've got a single stage digital XR-E pill on it (R2) and it's nice to bring with me when I'm not using my DEFT (it's much smaller).

Last edited:

recDNA

Flashaholic
The DBS aspherical isn't available any more is it? Does the old R2 pill fit in the new DBS heads? I thought it was too small?

jblackwood

Enlightened
The DBS aspherical isn't available any more is it? Does the old R2 pill fit in the new DBS heads? I thought it was too small?

You can get both the XR-E pill and the aspherical head from Dereelight directly. It seems like Jay is out of the Aspherical head. I'm not sure about the XP-G pill and how it fits the opening for the aspheric but I wouldn't even bother since it has a lower surface brightness, the XR-E is the better choice.

The head is the same for ALL versions of the DBS that are marked V3 (or V1 or V2 for that matter). The only difference is that the XP-G has a reflector that was designed for it. I think the XP-G pill will still fit in an XR-E reflector, though. All DBS reflectors fit inside all the DBS heads except for the Aspheric head. Heck, you could take pills from CL1H lights as well since they're interchangeable, not the reflectors, though. :poke:

recDNA

Flashaholic
Like all Dereelight flashlight models, the DBS V3 can upgraded or reconfigured at any time with the available "pills". A pill is a small brass module that contains the circuitry and LED. They're available to suit different battery options, output level options, and LED tint options. Click Here to see the pill options. Note: The XP-G series will require XP-G pills... the XR-E pills (R2, Q4, etc. will not fit)

jblackwood

Enlightened
Trust me, the XP-G will fit inside the XR-E shell. Jay was about to sell me a reflector and pill set for my v3 DBS.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Then why the warning on HIS site? BTW, I LOVE his XP-G pill. I have a 3 mode version and I'm buying a single mode version.

jblackwood

Enlightened
That might be a warning because of the reflector opening. You can put an XP-G pill into an XR-E reflector (trust me, I've done it) because the XR-E's opening is larger for the dome. The XP-G would NEVER fit an XR-E dome, though.

EDIT: Because if you buy an XP-G version of the DBS and then get an XR-E pill (hearing it throws farther) to try in your "XP-G version," it won't work without the XR-E reflector, which I'm not sure if he's still selling.

jblackwood

Enlightened
They unscrew from each other. The reflector screws into the head and the brass pill screws into the reflector. You can get the XR-E reflector here.

I think he could have worded that a little better, but it's essentially right. If you get a DBS "XP-G version" you will need another reflector with a larger opening for the larger XR-E dome if you want to use those pills, or the MC-E pill, for that matter, which I've had fun changing around myself. Heck, the MC-E will even fit in the aspherical head . . . I don't recommend it, it ain't pretty, but it will fit!

jblackwood

Enlightened
When you unscrew the reflector from the head, watch the lens. It will fall out. It might not since maybe the oring's moisture will keep it on the rim of the bezel. When you screw the reflector back on, use a toothpick or something else that thin and non-sharp (some toothpicks are too sharp) like a stylus to ease the oring back into the groove as you screw the reflector to put pressure on the lens and, subsequently, the oring.

Erich1B

Newly Enlightened
How would the 1SM-E SST-50 pill you can get from Deerelight work with the Deerelight Aspherical Lens?

Would you get more throw from the SST-50 pill, or the XR-E R2 pill from Dereelight with the aspherical head?

Thanks................Erich