6PLED Upgrades

Dobywon

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys, I would like to ask what would be the best upgrade for my 6PLED?

I want it bright.

Thanks in advance!!

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
search for P60 LED drop-in's. There are tons available, in many different types. Or take a look at what Nailbender has to offer in the Buy/Sell/Trade sub-forum.

Or look at the top of the LED Flashlights sub forum for the sticky-fied thread on P60 drop ins.

Last edited:

Dobywon

Newly Enlightened
search for P60 LED drop-in's. There are tons available, in many different types. Or take a look at what Nailbender has to offer in the Buy/Sell/Trade sub-forum.

I know there are tons, thats really why I was asking for a opinion. I dont know where to start. It is real confusing with all the different choices.

dirtech

Enlightened
Alternatively, learn to mod your existing drop in to the LED of your choice. It can be fun and rewarding by learning something new. Are the 6P drop ins the same as the G2 LED drop ins?

Or, get a Malkoff M61 or a dereelight drop in and nailbender's drop ins seem very popular..

lightinsky

Enlightened
Any of the malkoffs are great quality. I don't have one but they rank very high in all areas from quality to brightness and reliability. I have a 11836 from DX which is the best 9 bucks I spent and plenty bright. I don't know what your budget is and how bright you want but others will weigh in here with suggestions too.

lightknot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Malkoff M-60. Very high quality.
Nailbender SST-90 drop in. Readily available.
Modoo triple XP-G drop in @ 1400 Lumens. Not so readily available.
Good luck and have fun in your search.

meister

Newly Enlightened
6P LED change

I have several 6P LED flashilght so I would now like to look at modding one or two. I'v searched numerous threads but have not really come across the exact information needed.:shrug:
I have loacated a cr123 and an 18650 SolarForce extention where I can increase the amps in order to use an emitter that would provide the greatest throw (I'm not interested in flood). I only want on/off, no multiple modes. Please provide as much layman's information and/or links for the items that I would need. Thanks to all!

carrot

Flashaholic
Re: 6P LED change

Malkoff M60 is all you need. It has only one mode.

The body extenders are unnecessary.

Dobywon

Newly Enlightened
will the malkoff M60 work with cr123's or do I need rechargables?

And where can I get one? They are sold out on the website.

mwaldron

Enlightened
If you want bright, Malkoff MC-E's come in both Warm and Neutral but they're currently out of stock.

Everything else depends on beam pattern.

Unprecedented Throw? M60/M60W
Mix? M61
Flood? M60F/M60WF

Every one a Malkoff...

dwminer

Enlightened
The only problem with Malkoff devices is getting one. At present there is no estimated time of arrival for any thing from Malkoff. If you're not in a rush then place yourself on one of his notification lists like I have and keep hoping. Other wise look elsewhere.

meister

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the good advise but I still want everyone to know that I want to add either the cr123 or the 18650 battery extention to the 6P in order to gain additional length. (along with added amps assuming someone knows the correct recipe to add the proper drop-in for the furthest throw that I can obtain. Malkoff is but one option at this point (still need correct battery/drop-in recipe) but I would like other options. Thanks again.:confused: