Any Streamlight Strion, NF-2/TL-2/TL-3 incandescent upgrades?

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Streamlight Strion XENON upgrade?

Just to supply exact data:
Scorpion (Xenon Incandescent Model)
TL-2 (Xenon Incandescent Model)
TL-3 (Xenon Incandescent Model)
Nightfighter (Xenon Incandescent Model)
NF-2 (Xenon Incandescent Model)
Polytac (Xenon Incandescent Model)

Runtime:

2 x CR123a Primaries: ~2 hours
2 x 16340 3.7V Rechargeable: ~1.5 hours
3 x CR123a Primaries (TL-3): ~3 hours

prof student

Enlightened

Mine has A LOT of green. Not sure if i just got a bad one but to be honest. It's really ugly. It's as bright as my Malkoff M91's and throws just about as good. 50-75 yards you can clearly see a target. Probably 20 minutes or so is the longest I have run it for. It's bright. But as I say mine anyways is not real good in the tint department. The beam profile is awesome. No rings or anything like that. Just a real nasty color

How long ago did you buy it? When you bought it, do you remember if they said what temp. it was?
They have it listed on their website as Cool White Tint (5700K Colour Temperature)
I was just about to pull the trigger; just wanted to get some feedback from people who have actually bought it. But an obvious/pronounced green tint? Uh.......uh..............

75 yards isn't bad at all. Very useful. Oh, can you still use the zoom feature of the original design?

How was the temperature of the flashlight after you ran it for 20 minutes?

thermal guy

Flashaholic

Bought it in august " High Output Nichia 319A LED (Max Output 850 Lumens)
-3.7V to 9V Regulated Input for Maximum Flexibility" in the TL2 you have some adjustments for flood to spot. Best to keep it on spot and the beam gets kinda funky on flood. I keep it in my TL3. Outside temperature was 25-30 degrees F so it didn't get to hot