Whats the new *big* 2 x rcr123/18650 light?

supawabb

Newly Enlightened
I haven't been around the forum for many a month now, funds deciding that. Seems this hobby is mighty tough $$$ wise on the pocket book.

The last time I was around, the Fenix TK11 R2 was the big heavy hitter for spill and mainly throw.

Has anything over the last year become the new heavy hitter for a 2-3 mode light? More than 3 modes is not needed. I prefer a HIGH and a low, medium would be fine.

What should I be considering? or is the TK11 still one of the top contenders?

Price wise, looking to spend around $100 tops.

supawabb

Newly Enlightened
Come on now... this used to be a pretty awesome place where someone would chime in and offer their 2 cents relatively quick. :tired:

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
stick a nailbender sst50 or 90 in yer DBS:twothumbs
thats one of the new trends here I think..
I only have a bored C2 with a sst50 module in it
but its pretty dang nice..
the 7777maelstrom is the big one lots of us are waiting for.

Kuryakin

Enlightened
I picked up an MG-PLI a few months back, the thing is about as bright as I've seen EVER in a single 18650 light. I'd recommend this to anyone!

I haven't been around the forum for many a month now, funds deciding that. Seems this hobby is mighty tough $$$ wise on the pocket book.

The last time I was around, the Fenix TK11 R2 was the big heavy hitter for spill and mainly throw.

Has anything over the last year become the new heavy hitter for a 2-3 mode light? More than 3 modes is not needed. I prefer a HIGH and a low, medium would be fine.

What should I be considering? or is the TK11 still one of the top contenders?

Price wise, looking to spend around $100 tops.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently got this light in warm white (which is sold out at Shiningbeam) for my younger brother.

He is really impressed by its throw and spill seein how its a quad die LED in a 53mm reflector. For its price point, i'd say its one of the better lights you can get (but personally i prefer the warm white)