Any 4AA LED lights out there?

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I still have an old UK4AA eLED that has served well as a tool bag light. There may be a newer model still available.

Geoff

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know if rechargeables will fit in the Coast Lenser P14 or Dorcy Cyberlight? I have a Responder incan version, but I can't get any rechargeables to fit in it.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
1) Can buy cells anywhere
2) Cheap
3) Available in all flavors (primary, secondary)
4) Safe[r] than lithium
5) Can scavenge for cells during an emergency
etc...

I use and love my 18650 cells, but AA cells do have their place.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am still waiting for a Fenix or Quark 4AA light, and I know that I am not alone...:rolleyes:
The size will be larger than TK10 but still it would be much smaller than TK40.

Last edited:

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Duracell has a 4AA version of their Daylite series.

ooh, thanks for pointing this guy out. I have of course heard of the daylite series before, but not this 4-AA version. Although this is a duracel daylite tough light, not just a daylite so I dont know what the difference is. Any more info on this light? Seems like it could be pretty nice for 15 bucks.

Did a little searching and found this:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/205564&page=4

looks pretty nice, the pattern is quite pleasing. Can't tell how bright it is but even its low it might be a nice runtime light or a good light to recommend to non-flashaholics. Will probably pick one up the next time I need to buy stuff from amazon.

Last edited:

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
welcome to CPF Misan.
What the reason in a flashlight on 4*AA? Maybe better think about 18650. :thinking:
Since the forward voltage [Vf] of most power LEDs is above 3.0v, it is more efficient if the power source above that voltage and doesn't have to be boosted by a boost circuit. Three cells may work if they are fresh, but even three fresh NiMH rechargeables will only be 3.6v, which may not be enough. Four is the minimum to guarantee a voltage under load that is above the voltage forward of many power LEDs.