Where is the cheapest place to buy surefire parts?

Rifter

Enlightened
Im looking to get a Battery extensions thing(A19 i think) for my M2 so i can use 3 cells and a M3T head and LA so i will basically have a M3T. So where is the cheapest place to order the A19 and the M3T head? Oh yeah im in canada so somewhere that ships to canada would be needed.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hi,

Unfortunately you can't use the M3 turbohead with the M2. You will need to get the KT2 with the M2 + A19 configuration. The M2 is HAIII, the A19 comes in black. The KT2 does not have shock isolation.

The M3 Turbohead works on the M3,M4,M6.

Hope that helps.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The KT2 is a turbo head that will work with your M2 it is not shock isolated however.

Rifter

Enlightened
ok so if i get the A19 and the KT2 i will be ok? i looked at surefire's site and the KT2 seems to use a 105 lumen(spelling?) LA, this is less that the P61(120) im currently using in my M2, should that worry me at all? Its also much less than the M3 La's(125/225) that i could use if i just got the A19 without the KT2. But im assuming since its a tubo head that it is alot more focused? Im looking for somehting for long range work, anyhting short range flood light needed i use a X5. And also where is a cheap place to order?

K-T

*Moderator*
The M2 is a 2-cell light using either the LOLA P60 with 65lm/60min. or the HOLA P61 with 120lm/20 min.
The M3 is a 3-cell light using either the LOLA MN10 for 125lm/60min. or the MN11 with 225lm/20min.
The M3T is the Turbohead version of the M3 using different bulbs (the have longer "necks"). They are called MN15 which is similar to the MN10 and MN16 which is similar to the MN11 in output/runtime.

To convert the M2 to a turbohead powered flashlight you need the KT1-HA using the N1 which gives you 65lm/60min. A HOLA is not availabe. When changing your M2 to a 3 cell light by adding the A19 adapter you will need the KT2-HA Turbohead for 3-cell lights, this one is sold with the N2 (105lm/60min.). In addition you can buy the MN16 to get a HOLA option. The N2 has a more round hotspot than the MN15 therefore I would prefer this one to the MN15. My MN15 has a very oval shape.

The Turboheads are the right upgrade kits to illuminate objects at long range.

The difference between the KT1/2 and the KT4 (which is the Turbohead for the M3) is that the KT4 is shock isolated while the other two aren't. Other than that they are pretty much the same. The KT4 does only fit on the Millenium lights M3,M4 and M6. Even though the M2 is one of them it uses the standard 1" Turboheads like the KT1.

Remember that when using the A19 to convert your M2 to a 3-cell light you will lose the combat grip option and the A19 is not available in HA finish, only black.

Klaus.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

The M3 uses different bulbs than the M2. The KT2 and KT1 is the same head, the bulbs are different. The KT1 comes with the N1, a 2 cell bulb for use with the M2,6P,C2 etc.

The KT2 comes with the N2 which is for the 3 cell lights such as the 9P, C3, D3 or 2 cell with A19.

You can have one KTx turbohead and use the N1 or N2, switching between 2 cell and 3 cell.

The M3 bulbs are larger, providing more light. The Turbohead for the M3/M4/M6 has Shock Isolation to protect the bulb. The KTx does not. If you want long range, the KT2 with a 3 cell setup will work. Your M2 will be 2 color if you use the A19 (comes in black only).

I don't explain things very well so if your still confused, the SF expert (Al) will be able to clarify your needs.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The KT2 TurboHead focuses the light into a tight intense beam ideal for illuminating longer range targets.

If you get the KT2 for your M2, you will need an A19 to hold the third SF123A battery needed to run the KT2.

The N2 Lamp that comes with the KT2 is a round beam. About the minimum output for a TurboHead Lamp in my opinion. I really like the N2 beam. I have an N2 in one of my M3Ts, and also in my 9PT.

You can also use the MN15 and MN16 lamps in the KT2 TurboHead. I suggest you don't buy the MN15 and instead buy the MN16 because the difference in output over the N2 Lamp is more significant. Also, the beam shape of the MN15 is not round. I think if the MN15 as basically an N2 round beam with 10 Lumens attached to each side giving it a "squashed" or "flat" beam shape. In some applications (WeaponLights), this shape can give you advantages.

As to where to buy?
Some places may have trouble getting you an A19. All SureFire Dealers should be able to order a KT2 for you.
I suggest you call a few SureFire Dealers, explain what you want. If they give you the impression they know what you're after and can help, I'd buy from them rather then the cheaper Dealer.

Al

Rifter

Enlightened
ok im confused a lot now. Let me get something strait, if i were to purchase ONLY the A19 would i be able to use the MN10 and MN11? wihtout buying another head? And then if i did buy the KT2 i could use both the N1 and N2 right, will anyhitng with more power fit in the KT2?? but would either of them with there lower output be better for long range than the MN11? And whats this about losing combat grip option? whats a combat grip? And i dont give a rats *** what color it is
smile.gif
people will be way to blinded to notice even if it was hot pink. Oh yeah, and whats a MN15 and MN16? could i use them?

OK hold one sec, just though of one question which should solve everything:

WHAT DO I NEED TO GIVE ME THE MOST THROW POSSIBLE FROM MY M2.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Al,

How is the MN16 with the KTx? I've not tried that yet. I like the 9P + KTx + N2 setup, it's a nice tight beam. Is the MN16 round and slightyly brighter than the N2? The MN16 is slighty oval in the M3.

Thanks

Rifter

Enlightened
ok just read size15s post after posting the above, i think i understand now, so please tell me im right. I want a KT2 and a A19 and a MN16 right?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

On a traffic stop, I now routinely ask:

"Do you have any weapons, drugs or Surefires in the vehicle or on your person?"
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Be very careful that if you use an A19 on your M2 and put 3 batteries in your M2 that you only use a lamp assembly that is designed for 3 cells (9 volts).

If you want the brightest output that would be the A19 with KT2 Turbohead & MN16 lamp assembly.

By the way, the M3T uses the MN15 (125 lumens) and the MN16 (225 lumens).

"Let me get something strait, if i were to purchase ONLY the A19 would i be able to use the MN10 and MN11? wihtout buying another head?"

No,
The M3 uses the MN10 (125 lumens) & the MN11 (225 lumens). The M3 bezel is bigger than your M2 bezel. The bezel on your M2 is too small to put the MN10 or MN11 in it.

As far as I know the KT1 & KT2 are NOT shock isolated. The SRTH is not. Maybe Al can back me up on this. Or tell me I'm wrong.
wink.gif

[Edited by Size15s to correct the shock isolation comment]

D

**DONOTDELETE**

OH,

I was under the impression that the KT1/2 are not SIS bezels. Woah, have to look that up, unless Al clears it up for us. Sheesh I suck.

Size15's

Flashaholic
What a couple of photos would do right now... I'm tempted to take a loan and buy a digital camera...

M2 (two SF123As) uses P60 or P61 Lamps (supplied)

M2 + A19 (three SF123As) uses P90 or P91 Lamps (not supplied)

M2 + KT1 (two SF123As) uses N1 Lamp (supplied)

M2 + A19 + KT2 (three SF123As) uses N2 Lamp (supplied), also can use MN15 & MN16 Lamps (not supplied)

Do we understand?

Al
smile.gif

Latest posts