JCD

Enlightened
Deleted. (I just read your sig line.)

Nice light.

Last edited:

bullettproof

Enlightened
Yes M61

The M61 is the best all around beam I have seen.I to like the M60 but my E2DL trumps it for that kind of light.So I guess we have different ones for different things.

recDNA

Flashaholic
How about explaining "the setup" to us Surefire/Malkoff-less out there?

What did it all cost?

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same setup here, except I have a plain ss bezel. Awesome!

Congrats.

carrot

Flashaholic
How about explaining "the setup" to us Surefire/Malkoff-less out there?

What did it all cost?
Well, a Surefire C2-HA is $95 and a Malkoff M61 is about $70 if you can get your hands on one.

300 lumens for regulated runtime of 2 hours, plus a longer tail of non-regulated output.

dirtech

Enlightened
I like it. Got one just like it recently. It looks a bit strange with that reflector being so small. Maybe I've been asleep here, but has anyone done comparisons with Malkoff, Dereelight and Antos XPG drop ins?

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
No need, agreed :twothumbs

But I want...:naughty: Just more versatility and options. Besides, ElectronGuru has some nice legos and bored options I can mix and match :grin2:

Thanks for the photos. btw, what did you use to light up the C2 on the second photo?

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
:drool:... must get...C2...or M2 millenium...bored for 18650...:faint:

Solid setup as I have 2 C2s myself. I plan on getting mine bored too because I have a bunch of 18650s and I don't want to buy anymore other type of batteries...I guess I like keeping things consistent, hehe.

bullettproof

Enlightened
No need, agreed :twothumbs

But I want...:naughty: Just more versatility and options. Besides, ElectronGuru has some nice legos and bored options I can mix and match :grin2:

Thanks for the photos. btw, what did you use to light up the C2 on the second photo?

E1B on lo:thumbsup:

LightJaguar

Enlightened
I like it. Got one just like it recently. It looks a bit strange with that reflector being so small. Maybe I've been asleep here, but has anyone done comparisons with Malkoff, Dereelight and Antos XPG drop ins?

Yea I'm not too much into that reflector either. Thats one reason why I like the M60 better. Pretty much all P60s use a reflector and the TIR on the Malkoff made it somewhat special. I also like the throw of the M60.
For now I think my M60 is keeping its place in my C2. In my other C2 I have a Skyray XP-G drop in with five modes. Thats drop in has performed wonderfully this last months.

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yea I'm not too much into that reflector either. Thats one reason why I like the M60 better. Pretty much all P60s use a reflector and the TIR on the Malkoff made it somewhat special. I also like the throw of the M60.
For now I think my M60 is keeping its place in my C2. In my other C2 I have a Skyray XP-G drop in with five modes. Thats drop in has performed wonderfully this last months.

As I was told by Gene Malkoff himself, in reality there's only a 10% difference in brightness at the distance the M60 was capable of throwing the light with the M61, but I too prefer the beam profile of the M60 myself too. The M61 is for sure still a stellar product and the usual quality we've come to expect from Malkoff Devices, but I do tend to feel the same that the optic made it special compared to all the reflectored P60LED dropins out there. I myself still have 2 M60s after selling a few of them in the past year or so and now I've also got an M61 as well.

carrot

Flashaholic
I don't see it as the lens making the Malkoff special. It's just a lens. What made the Malkoff M60 special was that it was a Malkoff.

A simple logical fallacy. An item is simply to be weighed on the benefits and detriments of its individual components and not on the whole of itself.