I hate the long Surefire pocket clips.

4EN[sic]

Newly Enlightened
I just picked up a Surefire LX2 and just love this light! It's bright, almost like having a spotlight in my pocket out in the woods last night. I don't care for the long dual clip both functionally (rubs on the light when twisting) and esthetically (just plain doesn't look as good to me as the short clip). I took it off and tried to put on a short clip and it didn't seem too fit, I couldn't screw the head down far enough and the head hit the top bendy part of the clip. It appears Surefire did away with the little black plastic piece that goes in behind the clip to hold it in place (or I lost it when I popped the clip off?). So for now I'm clip-less, might try to grind down a bit off the short clip to make it fit. Curious if anyone else has got a short clip to fit an LX2 or wants to trade this long dual clip for a short one that I can attempt to make fit.

computernut

Enlightened
I'm swapped out all my long clips for short ones. I find there is some variance in tolerances in the clips, the black plastic tabs and the groove in the bodies. I have to mix and match until I get a clip that fits right and sometimes I still can't find one that's tight and the clip moves back and forth all the time.

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's been a common complaint about the LX2 clip, that it's too long and will rub when the tailcap is twisted. Some have swapped in the short E series clips or long clips. IMO the clips should be available separately so owners can buy/trade them to find one that they prefer.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess I am the odd one out here who loves the clip that came with the LX2. I love to carry the light bezel down in my back pocket, and because it is long I am able to leave it deep down in my pocket with only a part of the tailcap protruding. My clip rub against the tailcap but after almost 10 months of carrying it daily and using it, the clip doesn't seem to scratch out the anodizing at all. The ano is so strong that I don't bother to lift up the tailcap when inserting batteries or turning the light on. It's really a pity you see no love for the clip. I think it is beautiful! The most beautiful two-way clip ever made IMO.

computernut

Enlightened
When I tried out an LX2 in the store I found the lanyard ring and the clip both got in the way of turning the cap. Very nice light though, I'll probably get one eventually but I'll do something about the clip, I usually take off the lanyard rings anyway.

pulstar

Enlightened
I guess I am the odd one out here who loves the clip that came with the LX2. I love to carry the light bezel down in my back pocket, and because it is long I am able to leave it deep down in my pocket with only a part of the tailcap protruding. My clip rub against the tailcap but after almost 10 months of carrying it daily and using it, the clip doesn't seem to scratch out the anodizing at all. The ano is so strong that I don't bother to lift up the tailcap when inserting batteries or turning the light on. It's really a pity you see no love for the clip. I think it is beautiful! The most beautiful two-way clip ever made IMO.

One big + !!!

somber

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, my A2L has the same type of clip, and after four months I don't see any wear on the tailcap from the clip rubbing it. On one of my E1Bs I wrapped some electrical tape around the curve to stop it from scratching, but took it off later after I realized I didn't care.

Especially after dropping it from my bicycle at 30mph. You gain some perspective.

radu1976

Enlightened
+ 1 here, I love the short clip like E1L has.
Recently I have bought an E2L and I was lucky enough to find it with a short clip .
I am wondering how many E2Ls have short clips and how many long ones...is the proportion 50-50% ?

DM51

Flashaholic
"Hate" is quite a strong word to use in the title, don't you think? Do you think it would be any less effective as a title if you said instead "I prefer the short Surefire pocket clips"?

Just a suggestion.