Sasha’s Fuzzy Bunny – very long.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was here that I first saw Sasha's fuzzy bunny posted in a reply. I should have saved the image.

I can't get Sasha's fuzzy bunny-rabbit with a pancake on its' head out of my mind. What is strange is I don't want to. It helps me deal with many things.

I think it was presented as a way to say, "I don't understand what you are saying but I find it amusing."

In a recent staff meeting a person predictably presented their usual "modular-time project scheduling" approach to the projects that are active and proposed. This is a person that has no previous program scheduling experience, little programming experience and rarely shows up with his cell-phone and ID badge on the same day. It is unlikely that he can tell you what day it is, much less the date. He actually has difficulty functioning his shoestrings and let's not talk about wax, be it on his shoes or his truck.

You have certainly guessed by now that he is higher up the organizational, hierarchical ladder than am I. He and I have had this debate about project time scheduling for the last couple of years. The other staff members are not only used to this debate, but expect it. I would let him win except for the fact that I lead a couple of good teams and refuse to allow him to get us to agree on any of his proposed schedules. That would be a large mistake.

I presented my teams' completed projects, working projects and future projects. No one challenged the presentation because they all know my teams deliver ahead of schedule. This is in part because I encourage my team members to sandbag and they do so out of self-preservation…really talented people, much more so than am I.

Well, no one commented on it accept for Mr. TimeScheduleBoy. He did his usual routine while the 20 member staff watched in lackadaisical sub-interest thinking that I would counter with either hard logic or my displeasure that Schedule Punk didn't have a clue.

Not surprising my team (We expect the unexpected) but surprising the Staff, my response was something like this: "I am again encouraged by your stamina on this subject, Mr. TSB. I'm sure you are aware that my team has experienced some frustration with your views on project time scheduling. I no longer have contention with your point of view. Recently a friend sent me a photograph of a bunny with a pancake on its' head."

Mr. TSB: "A wha..?"

Icebreak: "A photograph of a real, fuzzy bunny-rabbit with a pancake on its' head".

Mr. TSB: " I don't …well…what was that?"

Icebreak: "This photograph of a bunny-rabbit with a pancake on its' head explains my position on your project scheduling proposals better than I have been able to. They don't make any sense but I can't help but to find humor in them."

It took a long 5 seconds but eventually people began to get the point. There was some giggling and snorting, followed by heh-hehs and haw-haws, followed by regular laughter, then belly laughs and topped off with the weird, convulsive sounds that only teary-eyed humans make as they watch their professional demeanors exit a conference room.

That is how the meeting ended. Before lunch the term "bunny with a pancake hat" had circulated. By Friday afternoon "bunny with a pancake hat" had been used and discussed in two more meetings I was not involved in.

I wish I could tell you that "bunny with a pancake hat" was the end of it. Surely dumbass, excuse me, Mr. TSB is too ignorant to let it go. He'll be back. So will I…equipped with the power of BunnyPancakeHat.

For now, the image of a fuzzy bunny with a pancake on its' head has made life and business easier for a few hundred people.

Is there any use for a BunnyWithPancakeHat in your day?

Maybe? Try it. You may like it. Love the bunny. Be the bunny.

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
And here you have it:

pancakebunny.jpg

Enjoy.

Dan

Greta

Flashaholic
ROTFLMAO!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif Glad I could be of service!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I was starting to get really excited when I saw the subject line. I'd certainly be 1st in line to see Sasha's "fuzzy bunny"....... if that's what it's called nowadays.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I figured the thread was about that rabbit with a pancake on it's head, but I had no idea what it meant.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif :toliet: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Stainless said:
Sasha:
Flashlights, firearms, AND bunnies?
I sure hope your husband appreciates you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Naw... he's just scared! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Actually... just this morning, this came up. We were at the coffee shop and I told him that I'd pay this morning. The girl behind the counter made the comment, "I don't think you should argue with her". And his reply was, "I won't... I've seen her shoot". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sasha –

Thank you. This bunny is continuing to do good things. I sent the pic around to a few people some of them sent it out. No one that looks at this pic can help but smile.

Dan –

Thanks. You helped to spread some smiles.

Bart –

Excellent bunny.

DavidW –

I had never seen it before Sasha's post here at CPF. I'm a large advocate of humor in business. It frees up creativity in most cases. In other cases who cares?

this_is_nascar –

*to the tune of a playground chant* You're gonna get in trouble. You're gonna get a whippin'.

Craig –

Reverse humor…nice.

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
DavidW –

I had never seen it before Sasha's post here at CPF. I'm a large advocate of humor in business. It frees up creativity in most cases. In other cases who cares?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a question of who cares or not.

It's just that there's a place where you can see the bunny before Sasha. This place makes me smile. It makes me laugh. It makes me spit beer all over my monitor and keyboard.

It even has a 'punchie' video that has me rolling on the floor. But I don't dare post the ...ahem... W&C ( /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) link here.

Greta

Flashaholic
What David is saying is that he is the one who originally found the bunny with the pancake hat picture on another site and he sent it to me and I found the opportunity to use it here before he did. So it's technically not MY fuzzy bunny it's David's... but then that somehow just really changes the meaning of nascar's post! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
I am very sorry to hear that Oolong is no longer with us... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I think the funny part really is the writing that was added to the picture. The picture itself inspires "awwwwwww... isn't that cute!"... but the added caption is what has me giggling every time... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
RIP Oolong. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

(If you know the story behind the pancakes, please tell me.)

DrAg0n

Banned
I still have no idea what u guys are talking about....

Whats so funny man.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

axolotls

Enlightened
True story that happened six minutes ago. I went to the fridge to get some juice I made this afternoon. My SO cut in front of me and asked if I wanted a "salad" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I told her.. "WHAT?! I DON'T EAT NO RABBIT FOOD!!!". She kicked me and gave me an evil stare... as I took my freshly made carrot juice out of the fridge to drink.. Yeah, I have a pretty solid case of foot-in-mouth disease.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif