So long Photobucket

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Imgur quit playing nice with my new mobile device. They say they'll fix the bug (after somehow getting a bug report from me that I did not send)... but when all of my photos there disappeared.... 'so long Imgur' too.

Good site, just not for me. I was minus 17 points anyway. It seems the group think there don't dig on flashlight pix... or at least my flashlights...

ven

Flashaholic
Best not get too comfy with imgur myself then:rolleyes: I simply want user friendly, phone app for quick n easy and dont mind paying up to $5 a month...............HELP ME :laughing:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Imgur is fine Ven. It just didn't suit me. Photobucket was the best, and dare I say it.... still is in terms of how they are set up. I did not close my account with them and may even subscribe like you guys did. I'm just kinda waiting to see if they back off the $400 thing in 2018... at least for the monthly subscriber. And I also know that if worse came to worse where I can find about 30k of my photos.

ven

Flashaholic
Agree, been using bucket for years and super friendly for me. Very annoyed about the $400 and have let them know several times via email and online surveys. Pointless no doubt, but boy did it feel good venting.

No way will i be paying anymore than $5 a month, as a subscriber for a few years now and before their date for the change. I can still post pics till the end of next year. I hope its sorted by then! If not i will fully switch, they are not giving me a choice and i will be damned if i am being held to ransom.............no way! Being honest, if it was $100 or $400 my feelings would be the same. Right now it costs $3 a month and have plenty of gb left of the 31.1 in the package.(well i am 70% full anyway which is 22gb used of the 31.1gb).

I may even go above my $5 limit(not with bucket), if all works well and no adverts. Heck even as a member i am struggling to even log into bucket with all the pop up adds. I am getting wound up just thinking about it! *beeps"

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The ads didn't bother me until they blocked my screen.

Shopify keeps trying to get me to subscribe to their pop up ad service for my store. I emailed them to say I'll close the joint before I'll pay for ads that block peoples screens.

Yeah, I emailed photo bucket too.. and yeah it felt good to vent. All-the-while knowing I had never payed them anything nor supported any of their advertisers. After simmering down it became clear (at least to me) that I had no right to complain. So after a couple of days I wrote them another one that pled the case of so many whose work was ruined in so many how to threads across the spectrum and stated what I would consider a reasonable amount of a yearly fee (very similar to the numbers you cite Ven) but that there was no way the $400 amount was fair to those who are simply trying to help out others on the internet who seek information.

Not being a techie guy I don't know how it could happen but I asked them if they could consider creating a way to flag photos being hosted at places like eBay or Amazon so that those of us who share for the fun and not the money would not be caught up in the large snare net like turtles in a tuna net.

Unsurprisingly I've not received a response.

ven

Flashaholic
That's a good point with eBay and amazon where people are actually selling items in shops etc. Basically I pay monthly to help others, but my funds are not infinite. I only opened the PB account to post pics/write ups on 4x4 forums years back. Soon my 2gb alowance got dwindled and decided to upgrade to the 20gb(get bonus on top to make the 31gb) . Then with CPF I kind of went crazy with posting pics! I like pics :sssh:

So a little uncertain for me right now, but life does go on after the bucket. Just not as convenient so far for me....

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Imgur is fine Ven. It just didn't suit me. Photobucket was the best, and dare I say it.... still is in terms of how they are set up.
I used to agree with this statement. I even still have a paid plus PB account, hence given a year to switch. I'm mirroring all my PB directories on a removable HD. One thing that they don't tell you is that thier download an album tool they offer You will only download certain photos, it will not download *.gif or any videos you have uploaded. I have resorted to opening each photo individually, it's actually faster downloading them that way than waiting for the tool :thinking:

I'm trying dropbox. More than what most need $99/yr. There is no frontend to navigate like photobucket GUI, there is no advertising(in a paid or shared corporate account), just structure, move, file, share, and link. They offer a free service to try as well. Paid gives you password protected and expiry links. This service synchronizes photos between devices, but does only file storing/serving/hosting/& sharing, no editing.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
You make a great point GL.

Drop Box is great. I use it some, but not a lot. Stuff I wanted to 'vault' but allow a few associates to have access to from their spot on planet earth.
A few design ideas we were sharing and assisting each other with. Kind of like a private portal and without the proprietary vpn in the way.

Or you can open it up in a link and let the world download your this or that... like pdf repair manuals and such.

Last edited:

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is why I stopped using imageshack and now just use google and my phone for photos.

I wonder how long it will be before Photobucket catches on and fixes the work around?

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
PhotoBucket Fix!!!

easy links
-------------------------
Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...giikdkpmcpkaon
Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...obucket-fixer/

Hey guys,

I wrote a Google Chrome browser extension that, once installed, will make all broken Photobucket images on any webpage visible again. To install it, if you're using Google Chrome, just go to this link, click Add to Chrome, and you're good to go! From then on, any page you visit with broken Photobucket images will show up as they did before Photobucket nuked them. You don't click on anything, or do anything else, to get the pictures to be fixed. It happens automatically. They will not be fixed for anyone else -- they will just show up as fixed for people using the browser extension.

In case anyone wants to look at the code behind the extension, you can look at it here: https://github.com/TheAtomicGoose/pbfix

Thanks for reading, and I hope this helps!

Jesse

Have just found this on ADRiders. I know a lot of bods were having trouble viewing photos on Photobucket, hope this helps. Works for me on Chrome.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: PhotoBucket Fix!!!

Thanks Dave, I always knew you were a genius.
The Addon that I linked to earlier has already stopped working.
P

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast

Works for me on Chrome.

Works for me in Firefox Mac, Thanks!
pic is a link to The Story of Shorty and Longman by Hogokansatsukan

Chrome goes bananas over CPF.. dont know how to fix that.. yet
37610400762_d62f15f976_z.jpg

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast

I could only get the Second Season to Play THE INCREDIBLE TORCH!...Helping Everyone Around Danger!
\
\
not working in chrome anylonger :(

Last edited:

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast

same here, works in Chrome, and also Firefox for me
weird, only the first season has the RedAlert!

thanks for that link, its now linked to this picture too

I love Hogos stories!
Me Too!
I believe it has to do with some pictures/links that appear in peoples signatures, avatars, or within their replies in the thread. I have had this happen before on another forum, and it usually is caused by some rogue third party site, not CPF directly.

Empath

Flashaholic
A few posts have disappeared that could all be summed up as lacking family friendliness and bordering on vulgarity.