The light that you wear with your keys, what battery does it use?

What is the battery size in your "key" light

• 10400 [AAA sized]

Votes: 138 53.7%
  • 14500 [AA sized]

Votes: 17 6.6%
  • 16340 [CR123A sized]

Votes: 36 14.0%
  • CR2 sized

Votes: 31 12.1%
  • Coin Cells

Votes: 48 18.7%
  • Other dimensions

Votes: 22 8.6%

• Total voters

Illum

Flashaholic
I thought I'd ask around to see whether I am an idiot for saying CR123A lights are too big to go with the keys.

I use a L0D-CE Q4 on my keys btw, it used to be the muyshondt Aeon, then the Fenix E01, then the L0D-CE

I'm interested in the size used, not so much the chemistry

Last edited:

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you search then I remember that someone else held a poll on this: Best cell type for keychain light? Or something like that anyway..

I personally have two sets of keys, one with an iTP A3 and another with an EZCR2w, though I carry the iTP more often as the cell has more capacity than the only rechargeable cr2 ones I could find..

I would agree with you, I tried the EZ123w on a keychain but it just seems too big. It's a great little edc light though, just not quite small enought for keychain carry.

tucolino

Newly Enlightened
i carry a fenix ld01 ss in my house´s keys and an illuminati in my car´s keys.both aaa.i find this size comfortable enough for edc.

Illum

Flashaholic
If you search then I remember that someone else held a poll on this: Best cell type for keychain light? Or something like that anyway..

I too remember an earlier thread like this that I may have participated in...but I'm still looking for it:ohgeez:
I think polls should encompass some sort of unique keyword to distinguish it from regular threads, because polls do not look any different than regular threads through google

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arc-AAA P on my keys for almost 3 years straight now...

Tried carrying others, but none are as small and bombproof.

If I'm wearing a vest or cargo shorts I might also clip to my keys a warm 4sevens MiNi 123 - but the Arc never leaves.

Funny thing is that after 3 years of heavy pocket carry, the ano on my Arc still looks rather new (except around the split-ring hole) whereas my 6 month-old MiNi 123 (which doesnt get carried too much) looks shot to sh*t :ironic:

Would love to have an Arc-AAA with a warm emitter for my keys :candle::candle::candle:

Anyway, in 3 years of flashaholism, I've never had the need for anything brighter than the 10 lumen Arc on my keys run by an AAA... that is enough light for 75% of my daily needs and when it isnt, that is when I pull out my edc: Ra Clicky 170-T

AAA on my keys works for me.

Illum

Flashaholic
I carry two primary sets of keys, both with 10440's. One in a Peak Baltic and one in a Peak Eiger (both polished brass).

I noticed this phenomenon, so I allowed multiple selections per voter:)

I just received a PM saying I left out D cells in my poll...I didn't consider it but I suppose it is certainly probable, if not possible :eek:oo:

PharmerMike

Newly Enlightened
Arc-AAA P on my keys for almost 3 years straight now...

Tried carrying others, but none are as small and bombproof.

If I'm wearing a vest or cargo shorts I might also clip to my keys a warm 4sevens MiNi 123 - but the Arc never leaves.

Funny thing is that after 3 years of heavy pocket carry, the ano on my Arc still looks rather new (except around the split-ring hole) whereas my 6 month-old MiNi 123 (which doesnt get carried too much) looks shot to sh*t :ironic:

Would love to have an Arc-AAA with a warm emitter for my keys :candle::candle::candle:

Anyway, in 3 years of flashaholism, I've never had the need for anything brighter than the 10 lumen Arc on my keys run by an AAA... that is enough light for 75% of my daily needs and when it isnt, that is when I pull out my edc: Ra Clicky 170-T

AAA on my keys works for me.

+1 on the Arc AAA and the AAA battery size as being preferred. I've been carrying an Arc for about 2-1/2 years and it's still going strong even though my keys have probably been dropped hundreds of times over that period. For the times I most likely use the light on my keyring, it's more than enough light. I think of the Arc as "the light that gets me to the other lights" that are always close by.

paulr

Flashaholic
I had an Arc AAA on my keys for a long time but eventually decided a 1aaa light is too large for a keychain. I now have a Photon II (2x2016 coin cells) and an LPK (1x SR44 button cell) on my keys.

Larbo

Enlightened
Currently I have a Illumina Ti with an Energizer AAA Lithium on my keys.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't stand anything more than Photons on my key chain.AAA and CR2 lights just add too much to the overcrowded keyring.I've never even considered anything larger than those!

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Millermodded Arc AAA. Smaller than my L0D-CE.
MillerMods_L0Dce_size.jpg

UK 2AAA eLED. the short yellow one with the batteries side by side,
EDC.jpg

tolkaze

Enlightened
Nichia based lights mostly, a little flat square one with coin cells on my work keys, E01 on my wifes keys, and sometimes carry the ITP A3