Need Suggestions For A Light Selection

therock

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys,
It's been a very long time since I have been here. I am WAY behind in current flashlight technology. Maybe you guys can jump me off in a good direction.

I like the size of the OLight T20, (not married to the brand) particularly the earlier version that allows it to stand on its switched end. Not a deal breaker but in the event I need one to do that....
It can be a little longer than the T20 but must clip lens down in my pants pocket.
I use rechargeable eneloop AA batteries for other stuff but can go with 123's perhaps. What do you guys think of the eneloop batteries?

Does any high-end light maker have a dual color mode from white to red? I would loose a slip on filter I'm sure.

I do surveillance work and sometimes at night.

How do you guys find your light if you drop it at night with it off. Heh! I seen a cheaper unit that has tiny a power indicator that helps.

Again, its been a while, I got a Thor modified by Theepdinker a long time ago. He still around?

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
4Seven's Quark RGB does pop into my mind.... :thinking:

therock

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, I'll have a look. Updated my signature.

Last edited:

cistallus

Enlightened
Hi Guys,
It's been a very long time since I have been here. I am WAY behind in current flashlight technology. Maybe you guys can jump me off in a good direction.
I like the size of the OLight T20, (not married to the brand) particularly the earlier version that allows it to stand on its switched end. Not a deal breaker but in the event I need one to do that....
It can be a little longer than the T20 but must clip lens down in my pants pocket.
If you want that 2-CR123 format, this T20 (according to light-reviews.com) will only accept a 2-CR123 or 1-17670 - you might want to consider the wider range of lights that offer 2-CR123 or 1-18650, the latter being more common and offering more juice.

I use rechargeable eneloop AA batteries for other stuff but can go with 123's perhaps. What do you guys think of the eneloop batteries?
From my limited experience, and from lots of posts, eneloops are an excellent choice.

Does any high-end light maker have a dual color mode from white to red? I would loose a slip on filter I'm sure.
The Quark RGB as Zeruel mentioned; there are some others but it's not that common.

I do surveillance work and sometimes at night.
How do you guys find your light if you drop it at night with it off. Heh! I seen a cheaper unit that has tiny a power indicator that helps.
Some lights have a locator function where, when off, it will give a dim flash every so often. For instance the HDS Ra Clicky. Or, get a light with, or add to it, a tritium vial as a locator.